Cannot select plane in my own server

I have an unususal problem with network play. I can join anyone elses server, but for some reason I can't get into a plane in my own server.

Running 1.12a and start a network session as Server, select a multiplayer mission, join coalition, and when I click on Select (plane) the select button illuminates, but doesnt give me a list of planes. The Coalition screen will then not close inspite of me closing the network mission and if I fly a singleplayer mission the coalition window is in foreground, and eventally when exiting Lomac I am greeted with a

C++ Runtime Error,

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\LOCKON.EXE

R6025

-pure virtual function call

This has happened before and I ended up reinstalling Lock On to 1.12a again and all was good for a while but then it happened again today.

I have successfully hosted many network sessions, and joined as many again as a client, so am familiar with the proceedure.

At first I thought it was my own firewall settings preventing me from joining my own game. So I shutdown Windos Firewall and Nortons Internet Security. No good, so I deleted any Lock On settings in Nortons and let Nortons ask permission next time I launched, still no good.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or got any ideas, I can reinstall, but maybe its just something simple.

Killer

I'm a mission editor noob- but it seems that I managed to build a mission and did not complete the process of actually adding a client plane. When youre adding an airgroup- you must select "client" as skill.

I'm not sure if this is the answer- but it sounded familiar. Try a canned mission in the multiplayer folder- host it yourself, see if it works ok.

Konkussion,

Thanks for the suggestion but there are client planes in the various missions I tried.

Hitman

No its not a fresh install

I have just reinstalled from 1.02 to 1.11 to 1.12a and it works

Prognosis

In an attempt to keep a valid 102 install by copying off the folder and renaming it to "Lock On102" (use Lock On Launcher for multiple install versions), I think that bloody Nortons Internet Security is getting confused as to what programs are allowed via the registry. I noticed that the lock on exe is typed different for each version during the install process, not sure if this makes a difference but it indicated to me which exe was getting the runtime error

Lock On 102= LockOn.exe

Lock On 1.1 = LOCKON.EXE

Lock On 1.12a = lockon.exe

My 1.12a was the one having problems, but the runtime error was reported for LOCKON.EXE, which is the exe for 1.1

So I ended up removing all other instances of the exe from Nortons and only added the latest 1.12a

I will just have to remember to do same for 1.02 if I ever fly that with mates who are not FC compatible

I may be barking up the wrong tree here but I think its all somehow related.

Thanks for the help anyway

Killer