Is there any reason to take R-27R over ER?

Erdem

Do not worry, I enjoy flying eagle more than you think. Without the magic of the integrated ECM! I just do not like attitude when Eagle wins, it is a reality, and when Flanker win, it's just a adapted game.

I repeat, the truth can be confirmed only real war on field. Never estimates before the war was not true with the subsequent actual events. But never been a war without any assessment.

I want to end this uninteresting (whose dad is stronger) discussion!

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

If you hang a bunch of larger heavier missiles on a plane you've got less range, less endurance, and less maneuverability, at least until you fire or jettison them.

I'm not sure it makes much difference in outcomes for the virtual pilot community, but it's something I would expect a real military pilot to at least consider when doing mission planning.

Avoidable mass and avoidable drag are normally, well, avoided, unless there are compelling reasons do otherwise.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

In my discussions with a MiG-29 instructor pilot he mentioned that the E series was better against bombers. He didn't explain why though :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

All that you said is speculation. The Russian ECM itself are more stronger and the R-27 is ready to do his job in this condition... Did you get it.

I got that what you just said is a whole bunch of speculation.

The only R-27 have handled the US was the first bunch made of the R-27R. Just in case... The Ukrainian versions after 91 have nothing to do comparing with the RU one. The Ukrainian seeker head is outfaced by the new Russian made and is the only you have in your hand to say here all what you want against Russian hardware.

Sounds like more speculation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In my discussions with a MiG-29 instructor pilot he mentioned that the E series was better against bombers. He didn't explain why though :(

I guess the reason could be as simple as a larger contact allowing a longer ranged stable radar lock therefore utilising the extra legs.

But I guess you'd see it as meaning it's less agile.;)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

No, the maneuver limits for the missile are the same. It's possible that the change in CG causes problems (change in pitch moment etc), but you can't tell without doing a whole bunch of tedious studies on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]