Using Cougar MFD's for other inputs with A-10C

I want to use my Cougar MFD's to input some other controls in the A-10.

Specifically I want to use a modifier plus the brightness rocker to turn on the displays.

However the control inputs for DCS will not allow me to bind these controls using the MFD's.

I really don't want to have to use TARGET as it's a very heavy application for something so simple.

Is there a way around this?

476th vFG Alumni

What HOTAS are you using?

In A-10C, If I want to bind extra commands to MFD's buttons, I use stick's pinky button.

Pinky button must be added to modifiers before.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

HOTAS Warthog.

I have the pinky paddle set up as a modifier already, however when I hover over the particular command I want to set for the MFD (Set Left/Right MFCD Day/Night/Off) The relevant button on the binding page is not clickable. (No box appears over the button on rollover, like it's greyed out)

It's like DCS is telling me that it's not a valid button.

476th vFG Alumni

HOTAS Warthog.

I have the pinky paddle set up as a modifier already, however when I hover over the particular command I want to set for the MFD (Set Left/Right MFCD Day/Night/Off) The relevant button on the binding page is not clickable. (No box appears over the button on rollover, like it's greyed out)

It's like DCS is telling me that it's not a valid button.

I may be misunderstanding you, but this is how I dealt with this issue:

Rather annoyingly, for the A-10C assignments for the first two MFDs are forced on you. To change them to whatever you want delete the following two files:

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\F16 MFD 1.lua

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\F16 MFD 2.lua

(NB if you do this I think you will need to reassign all the OSBs, etc again)

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals