With Update 1.5.0.45655.49 Full Screen Not Possible

Captain Orso

After Updating to 1.5.0.45655.49 you can no longer enter full-screen mode with <LAlt><Enter>. Selecting Full Screen in the options also does not yet work, although if you change it, the program will restart itself as if it were activating a major graphics change.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The keybind is still working for me. I can tell it goes into proper fullscreen becouse I use Freesync and I can see in my monitors on screen display that the refresh rate is synchronized to the ingame framerate and varies accordingly. Freesync only works in fullscreen, not in borderless or window mode.

False alarm. The issue is that there is a separate setting for Crossfire (Enable AMD Crossfire for applications that have no associated application profile). Apparently the 'profile' referred to is the Crossfire MODE, for which there are some mysterious settings created by AMD for many games, but not for DCS, and the first MUST be selected before the Crossfire mode can work..... Suicide.gif

Edited by Captain Orso

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The keybind is still working for me. I can tell it goes into proper fullscreen becouse I use Freesync and I can see in my monitors on screen display that the refresh rate is synchronized to the ingame framerate and varies accordingly. Freesync only works in fullscreen, not in borderless or window mode.

Also Nvidia Shadowplay, when not allowing desktop recording, just records real Fullscreen 3D applications and it isn't recognizing DCS as that. So there's for sure something wrong with the Fullscreen mode.

Edited by FONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

CPU: i7 4790K GPU: Asus GTX 970 4Gb MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO RAM: 16Gb OS: Win10 x64

• 2 months later...

I have a somewhat related problem. I like to use proper fullscreen because I can then benefit from DSR Downsampling. When I start the sim with a resultion higher than my native monitor res, the interface stretches beyond the monitor. The LAlt-Return combination works and puts the sim in proper full screen. However mouse input does no longer work. I can't click on anything, the ui is unresponsive.

Can something be done here?

False alarm. The issue is that there is a separate setting for Crossfire (Enable AMD Crossfire for applications that have no associated application profile). Apparently the 'profile' referred to is the Crossfire MODE, for which there are some mysterious settings created by AMD for many games, but not for DCS, and the first MUST be selected before the Crossfire mode can work..... Suicide.gif

Where I can select this setting. I think my crossfire dont works in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

• 1 month later...

This now depends on whether you are using Crimson or Catalyst drivers.

In Catalyst, IIRC, you have to not only setup your game specific settings, but also from the main settings page go into CrossfireX and turn it on. Plus if you want the CrossfireX logo to appear in the top right hand corner when CrossfireX is active you have to go to the Systemtray -> CCC Left-Click -> CrossFireX and select that the logo displays.

In Crimson, you simply have to setup a game profile. Beware though, if you have both 1.5 Beta and 2.0 Alpha installed and try to setup a profile for each, Crimson only recognized the .exe file name as the game, so you only get to setup one profile with Crimson. When you try to setup a profile for the other installation, Crimson simply changes the path to the DCS.exe file.

In both cases you still have to press <LAlt><Enter> once the map has actually started--where you can actually do something in the cockpit--for the game to actually enter 'Full-Screen' mode and CrossfireX to actually become active.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler