[Reported] Some original metallic skins looking weird on the new renderer.

FONS

Don't know if this post is in the correct section or it should be on the "Object Errors" section, move it if necessary.

I've noticed that few skins look weird on the new renderer, mostly metallic ones.

In general i would say they now look a bit overwashed due to the change of the way surfaces reflect light on the new renderer.

For example, on the P-51D "Gentelman Jim III" skin, everything looks now too light.

8dpDyQv.jpg

In this screenshot you can notice how all the decals placed on the metallic surface now look way too light.

S9l2fmU.jpg

S7hxF95.jpg

On this ones, you can appreciate how the numbers look different when they are over the mettalic or the painted surface.

As this skins, few more affecting other aircrafts too. From what i've seen, the MiG's and the F-86F's are also affected.

I know that rechecking all the skins will be a tedious job, but it needs to be done by the developers of the aircrafts in order to adapt them to the new graphics engine, although not now, because it's not a high prority issue, and there's a lot of things with priority over this.

Edited by FONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

CPU: i7 4790K GPU: Asus GTX 970 4Gb MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO RAM: 16Gb OS: Win10 x64

Metallic / Chrome shader effect changes / input are already reported.

Effects are all still pretty much WIP.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You're good, it was reported internally, not on the beta forums section.

All points you made and then some were in my bug report.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs