[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] TV Static fills screen Oculus DK2 and DCS 1.5 beta

pwambach

Anyone else out there experience while flying using DCS 1.5 beta and Oculus .7 SDK on DK2 that the screens on the oculus go fully static like an old TV use to do? I will be flying along on the A10c then randomly the screen will fill with static and I can't see anything. The mirror output that displays on my monitors looks normal so I need to pull my oculus off my head to make sure I don't crash. It happens about once every couple minutes. I understand this is a beta but wondering if anyone else is experiencing it. Never had this problem with 1.2x.

I took my phone and recorded the view from the right eye and uploaded to youtube.

https://youtu.be/N1Z4K4g4AEI

I am using a Dell Alienware Area 51 16GB RAM with a single Nvidia GTX 980 with 8GB Video Ram. I am running latest version of GeForce Graphics 3.58.50.

Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

FYI. If anyone finds this search and was wondering about the solution. It turned out to be a hardware problem on the rift. I put a ticket into Oculus support and after a quick phone call they sent me out a replacement free of charge. Great customer support over there.