ADF beacon position off?

Looney

Having edited the ARK.lua file to include Tblisi Lochini airport, I went ahead and used the Outer beacon as reference to fly an approach.

However, regardless of how I fly, if I chase the needle, I end up hundreds of meters to the west of the actual Beacon location.

The screenshot below shows me on runway 31L with the ADF channel set to the beacon, however, my heading is on the yellow marker and thus my nose points towards the beacon, it's not where it is supposed to be.

Can anyone confirm this?

This is 1.2.16 we're talking about, I can't run the shark on 1.5 yet...

pVKd1t6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

What is the position of your beacon mode switch?(Remember that "AUTO" mode is not implemented) The ADF is merely homing in on a radio signal, so in theory the closer you are the more accurate it is. If you were to park right next to the Beacon it should be the most accurate. It's not really meant for precision landings as in ILS, just to get you in the general vicinity. If you are looking for precise landing, as in night or horrible weather conditions. Your best bet is to program the "final" and beginning of the runway. And then use the HSI function of the ABRISS.

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Hey Reaper6

is that really you the Reaper6 from the old C4 times?

I am Falcito the best Friend from °Rotor° CFS (rest in enclose)!

Probably not, I don't know what C4 is?

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I'va got the ARK-22 set to channel 1 which is Lochini and the inner/auto/outer switch set to outer. It points in the direction of the beacon, no doubt and when I'm on yop of the beacon, it still shows west. So I chase the needle slowly and a few hundred meter west of the beacon location on the map, I see the needle change to the east.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo