the problem of R13M1

wumas0201

did you guys ever reduce the performance of R13m1?

R13m1 is my favorite weapon, it is also my main weapon to shoot down enemy.

but after this upgrade, it`s performance is not as well as before, it becomes more difficult to shoot down enemy, I even think it does not chase the target.

all I want to know is you guys ever reduce the performance of R13m1?

if you did, what is the reason??

This may be a case of DCS changing its missile guidance parameters again. there is a thread about this in the FC3 forum- seems the R-27ER has the same issues.

If your enemy is launching countermeasures after you fire your missile, you should expect it to fail. Early heatseekers will usually go off course if the target launches a few flares.

If issues persist I suggest switching to the R-60M. It has shorter range than the R13M1 but has a better seeker and much better agility. Its warhead lacks explosive power, but still does enough to ensure that your target will be unable to escape your gun if he survives the missile hit.

Something goes wrong with R13m1 missile.

I recently test it hard.

I am sure that its performance is not as good as before(compare to DCS1.21)

its maximum range gets shorter, and its maneuverability also gets worse.

its performance is totally like R-3S.

So I think you guys ever set something wrong with R13m1, You guys maybe set the data of R-3S to R13m1 after this upgrade.

I hope that you guys can check this issue and restore what the performance of R13m1 should be as soon as possible.

God bless u~~

• 3 weeks later...
R-3S have better speed and range than R-13m1.

This module just one big bug, better forget about this.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130699

1 Year gone! and nothing changed.

Well the R-60 is not a bug though...

The R60M on a modern aircraft like the Mig-29 has a much easier time locking a target then a R-60M on a mig-21Bis does.

Its not a bug.

on a Modern aircraft the aircrafts systems / radar feeds info to the seeker so it knows where to look giving it a much better abillity to lock onto a target.

But in a mig 21 its all the seekerhead of the missile.

And you need to have the missile pointed at the target before it can see it while in a modern aircraft the radar will tell the seekerhead where to look.

So while i cant speak about the R-13M1 the R-60 being worse on the Mig21 then on the Mig-29 is no bug.