Oxygen Valve does nothing?

ekg

I did an experiment where I turned off the oxygen and flew 8km into the air. I even opened the canopy a bit (around 6 km). The pilot survived? Is this as intended or a bug? I thought I should have seen stars and then passed out.

Oxygen valve works for me. Can't really comment on how fast the hypoxia occurs compared to the earlier versions, but I've shut the valve off at around 6km of altitude and had double vision at the time when I've almost reached 8km. At 12km altitude, it took mere 10 seconds after shutting the valve off to see double lines on the gunsight and the world started to appear rather grim very fast! Hope it helps at least somewhat.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

Oxygen valve works for me. Can't really comment on how fast the hypoxia occurs compared to the earlier versions, but I've shut the valve off at around 6km of altitude and had double vision at the time when I've almost reached 8km. At 12km altitude, it took mere 10 seconds after shutting the valve off to see double lines on the gunsight and the world started to appear rather grim very fast! Hope it helps at least somewhat.

Tried it again this time reached 9km. I had hypoxia. Really well animated by ED :)

Yep, confirmed here too, also on the K4. Didn't try with the TF-51 or P51d. Both starting at 12,5 km, opened canopy, no problem at all :-/ Might get addressed in the future I guess... Will make a post at the Bugs section...

In the Dora, whether I have canopy open or closed doesn't really matter at such high altitude...it makes little to no difference. I either get hypoxia or not, solely depending on the oxygen valve being closed or open respectively. Just double check that oxygen gauge and blinker to make sure. Unfortunately I don't have the 109 yet, so I can't test it.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

In the Dora, whether I have canopy open or closed doesn't really matter at such high altitude...it makes little to no difference. I either get hypoxia or not, solely depending on the oxygen valve being closed or open respectively. Just double check that oxygen gauge and blinker to make sure. Unfortunately I don't have the 109 yet, so I can't test it.

Well, that makes sense:

Since the Dora do not have pressurized cockpit, it should make no difference whether it is open or not (except for freezing temperatures.).

• Like 1

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use