No IR missile tone with Version 2.0.0.48596.56

fjacobsen

Now the radar won´t CTD I have another problem.

Using IR-Missiles I get no lock tone.

I have a test mission where I start right behind an enemy aircraft.

I tried with SU-25 and F-5.

I use a radar lock for ranging.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Same issue. It seems that the pipper has to be pretty much exactly on the target to get a tone. It took me many tries to get an IR missile lock today. You have to be very very close and rock steady with the pipper on the target. I could ever only manage to get one missile off before I would lose tone, I usually always fire two.

Seems I found what was wrong...

The lock tone comes on if You lock up a target with radar, thus You cannot hear whether the IR missile has a lock or not.

Once within visible range unl-lock the radra and place the piper on the target. The lock tone will now come on when the IR missile has a lock.

Now shoot.

So a radar lock should only be kept for initial guidance and then un-locked once the target is sighted.

I expected the IR lock tone to work like on the Sidewinders, but thats not the case on the Mig-21.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.