Some honest talk about the Mirage

il_corleone

I truly enjoy the Mirage, some big things are already fixed, just waiting for release. The devs have received some good feedback from the community about systems and some really good bug analysis. I have the feeling that by releasing this module in it's current state will actually increase it's development speed.

I was considering not buying this module after my experiences with the Veao Hawk, What also played a role is that I can't keep on buying all modules. I just don't have the time to get proficient at the ones I already own (all). And with the F5 and F14 and perhaps even the Viggen already on my whishlist I need to make choices. But boy am I glad I bought this one!

I might end up cleaning up my hanger by throwing out the Hawk and the WW2 planes. I don't fly them, and I'm not sure I will in the future. The Hawk was great fun to fly initially, it was new. But with hardly any improvements since release, and no multi-crew (which was not promised, but I was rooting for) it's the only module I end up regretting buying.

+1

I find developing some trainers and small aircrafts is a waste of effort. IMHO it's just to satisfy a minor number of fans out there. (HAWK, CC101, L39 ...). It's just FSX module with live weapon, not complicated at all, and simple to manage. I'm looking for and ready to pay for some other icons like MiG-21, Mirage, F-14, Su-25A/T, F-16, F-18, F22, Su-30, Tiger Eurocopter, EF2000, Huey, Mi8, Mi24, Mi28. Even WW2 aircraft is not really in my wishlist (even I enjoy flying P-51D/BF109/FW190 because I was IL-2 1946 fan):pilotfly:.

I already regret buying HAWK and CC101 (mostly I bought to support developers). HAWK and CC101 have been in my hangars for months and covered with dust.

Edited by anlq

Good post well put, I work with BIG company that has IT guys paid loads, some things work when they are produced, some just go wonky, there is no way to cover all variations of rigs, software, anti-virus etc, For these companies like Razbam and others who have a few guys, with day jobs. I take my hat off

+1

I find developing some trainers and small aircrafts is a waste of effort. IMHO it's just to satisfy a minor number of fans out there. (HAWK, CC101, L39 ...). It's just FSX module with live weapon, not complicated at all, and simple to manage. I'm looking for and ready to pay for some other icons like MiG-21, Mirage, F-14, Su-25A/T, F-16, F-18, F22, Su-30, Tiger Eurocopter, EF2000, Huey, Mi8, Mi24, Mi28. Even WW2 aircraft is not really in my wishlist (even I enjoy flying P-51D/BF109/FW190 because I was IL-2 1946 fan):pilotfly:.

I already regret buying HAWK and CC101 (mostly I bought to support developers). HAWK and CC101 have been in my hangars for months and covered with dust.

I have the L-39, besides the Hawk, and it's a great module. The CC101 I have not and never will. But my (unrequited) advice would be not to compare the L-39 with the other trainers - it is in fact fully made to DCS standards , and it's a pleasure to fly and operate - both the flight model and the ac systems are rendered beautifully.

Anyway, I have the fullest confidence that the M2000 is gonna be a jewel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

I don't think trainers are a waste of time, if it weren't for the C-101 development problems I would have bought the L-39, alas I couldn't bring myself to buy a second trainer in alpha/beta. But trainers are capable light fighters and great little birds that offer a pleasant and optimized learning environment for basic, advanced maneuver and procedures training.

I am very impressed with this mirage 2000-C. I told myself I wouldn't buy into alpha or beta modules ever since the hawk and C-101. But I still pre-purchased it at the last minute considering the numerous detailed and honest footage there were of the aircraft.

It did not disappoint. It is such a pleasure to fly and operate. I never really was into dogfight and air superiority missions, mainly because the FC3 "gamey" fighters aren't too appealing to me, but with the mirage we're entering a new era. I can't wait for more full fidelity modules to be added in DCS and compete with the Mirage 2000-C.

Of course it still needs a lot of work, but according to the development pace thus far and level of communication by Razbam this module's success seems secured.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]