Manual Tweak - keybind addition for Radar On / Standby on Hotas / Keyboard

Rlaxoxo

Guys, you know that very soon, Razbam will issue an update that will change the various default.lua, right? ;)

You may do whatever changes you want, I'm not trying to discourage you at all. :)

But be aware that next update = new file.

Perhaps Razbam will do some changes like the one you did (= transparent for you), perhaps they will do them differently (you'll have to manage), perhaps they will add things you didn't add, or perhaps you'll have added things they won't add.

=> you're "in" for a a full review of the changes (yours and Razbam's) at next update.

=> don't forget to document/backup the changes you make

=> don't "blindly" replace next default.lua's from Razbam by yours (you'll risk to miss some new things)

=> make good use of dedicated comparison tools such as WinMerge (free).

++

Az'

spacer.png

Of course you can incorporate these file changes into a JSGME file, and so when the next update arrives you can simply revert to the original file, then run a repair, then run the update to avoid possible conflicts.

I do this for all mods, and it really helps keep things simple and in order.

I definitely concur regarding WinMerge too. It is a great way to discover changes and adapt mods to work together.

Guys, you know that very soon, Razbam will issue an update that will change the various default.lua, right? ;)

You may do whatever changes you want, I'm not trying to discourage you at all. :)

Perhaps Razbam will do some changes like the one you did (= transparent for you), perhaps they will do them differently (you'll have to manage), perhaps they will add things you didn't add, or perhaps you'll have added things they won't add.

=> you're "in" for a a full review of the changes (yours and Razbam's) at next update.

=> don't "blindly" replace next default.lua's from Razbam by yours (you'll risk to miss some new things)

++

Az'

Bro ... JSMGE all the way man

And this is only until Razbam decides to release the fixes

I still don't know how to bind the damn Throttle to work with the keyboard !!!

AAAaaaaaa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

645 is the number of the function that is called, i dont know where the 3 comes from. the device number is in file called something like cockpitdevices.lua, you add +1 to every number there.

Could you pls tell me what does "{down = 3645, up = 3645," this number represent and I tried looking trough clickabledata.lua

And I Can't really tell where the cockpit_device_id = 7 is?

Mind explaining this if you can?

I am at work now but I hope i can help from memory.

If you look at the mirage folder somewhere there are some key Lua files.

devices.lua

something like clickable.lua

and a third file i dont remember the name.

in the devices.lua there is a counter and below it there is a list of systems, for example FBW, Engines and so on. Each of them has an ID number. cockpit_device_id is this ID number +1. This plus one is because of the counter in the beginning of the file.

The button number is the ID of a certain function, lets say Radar ON. You have to look on one of the files and understand what is the ID of this feature and then use it like we did. It is fairly simple in the end.

Rlaxoxo, i tried to implement the keyboard throttle up and down for you. But i couldnt find the button ID for these 2 functions (up and down). try to search more if you find them I can implement them for you. You may also look common and base command files which you find in the Input folder of DCS.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

++

Az'

good point. what I personally do is to add those lines and put the binding into a new category called "Alternate", they dont interfer with the Razbam binding. After the update I can still add them back. I do the same with the MIG21.

Of course, if Razbam changes the IDs of the functionalities, these lines will have to be updated.

Yes I have been doing this with the MIG despite the updates.

Actually the big benefit from these changes is not implementing the missing features that we will get anyways from Razbam, but rather to have 2 or 3 position switchs. I doubt that we would get these per default from Razbam anytime soon if at all.

I find it very handz to have the Radar ON/Standby or the Jammer ON/OFF on the warthog switches.

I am at work now but I hope i can help from memory.

If you look at the mirage folder somewhere there are some key Lua files.

devices.lua

something like clickable.lua

and a third file i dont remember the name.

in the devices.lua there is a counter and below it there is a list of systems, for example FBW, Engines and so on. Each of them has an ID number. cockpit_device_id is this ID number +1. This plus one is because of the counter in the beginning of the file.

The button number is the ID of a certain function, lets say Radar ON. You have to look on one of the files and understand what is the ID of this feature and then use it like we did. It is fairly simple in the end.

Rlaxoxo, i tried to implement the keyboard throttle up and down for you. But i couldnt find the button ID for these 2 functions (up and down). try to search more if you find them I can implement them for you. You may also look common and base command files which you fine in the Input folder of DCS.

Thanks man

You've been a Huge help :)

+ Rep

______

Do you by any chance know what would I need to write in order to change the value by certain amount so it toggles the switch On and off or cycles trough the positions ?

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

++

Az'

Well aware. I didn't build my custom switch panels for nothing, so I set about making it so I could use them for the time being. I've already modded the switch functions for all the modules to make them compatible with my panels, what's one more?

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• 3 weeks later...

Rlaxoxo,

first of all thank you for those sweet keybinds!

I have 2 questions for you:

1) the HOTAS Radar Azimuth 15 & 60 binds need to be pressed & hold in order to become active. Once you let go the button its back to 30. Same applies to barscan 4 & 1! Once left, reverts back to barscan 2. Is this the way it was supposed to work or is there a bug?

2) The Radar Antenna up/down/left/right binds how do they work? Are they implemented yet to the mirage?

thanks in advance!

Do or do not, there is no try!

HOTAS keybinds work for 2-way and 3-way HOTAS switches (the ones that you flip up and down)

You have normal Aizmuth controls above those

2.)Radar Antenna Up/Down isn't implemented yet so it doesn't work yet

exactly what I thought but didnt hurt verifying! Thanks again!

Do or do not, there is no try!