returning to NAV after dropping a fuel tank?

Guest deeplodokus

Guest deeplodokus

Hi,

This is on 1.5.2.49392.

Let's take the following situation: I'm following a waypoint, say WP3, with the WP indication (WP number and distance, bottom right of HUD) and bearing indicated on the HUD. I drop a fuel tank, so for that I turn on the main PCA button, drop my tank, turn off the main PCA button. After that, the WP bearing is still indicated on the HUD, but the WP indication (WP number and distance) is not indicated at the bottom right of the HUD anymore. To get it back I need to fiddle a bit with the PCA buttons (e.g. go into APP then exit APP).

Is that a bug, or is that expected?

Thanks.

Guest deeplodokus
Did you switch off Master Arm?

yes

I drop a fuel tank, so for that I turn on the main PCA button, drop my tank, turn off the main PCA button

as a precision: turn on main PCA/master arm, open the jettison cover, switch the jettison, select tank, jettison tank, unswitch jettison, uncover jettison cover, turn off main PCA/master arm

Same here....I get that after deploying weapons as well. I can't get back to NAV. I thought it was something I was doing incorrectly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Same here- was practicing bombing yesterday. Dropped all my GBU's, turned off Master but no distance or waypoint info on the HUD. However, the waypoint carat was still on the compass rose and the DME on the HSI still shows the distance, so not a big deal. I also noticed "IE" was flashing on the left side of the HUD. I will say that ILS markings did show up with gear down and approach selected. Perhaps a bug?

Guest deeplodokus

thanks for the replies, good to know I'm not the only one! doesn't mean it's a bug though, it might be intended behaviour. I said I go into APP and out, but it might be that I pressed the gun button, I can't remember, I'll try again later and report (if I don't forget... :D)

Guest deeplodokus

hey. yeah that's right, it's the gun button (bottom left button of the PCA) that needs to be pushed to get the NAV indications on the HUD back