x65f scroll wheel

Something weird going on with DCS. I want to use the scroll wheel on my X65 throttle for zoom in the cockpit. I know that the 2 key commands within the game for slow zoom are the keypad [*] and [/] so I map those to the wheel as marcos.

They work fine when I test them. I can go into DCS and into the key commands and there I can see that the sim recognizes the keypresses there.

But when I'm in the plane I can't use them. Scrolling does nothing with zoom. I can press the keys fine and nothing.

Thinking maybe it's some keypad screwiness I map zoom to my throttle as [ and ]

go into the key command in the game and using the scroll wheel I can assign the zoom in the key assignment page, so I know that the proper key is being sent by my throttle.

Go into flight and again using the scroll wheel I can't change zoom, but using the keyboard [ and ] I can. :joystick:

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

• 5 months later...

Well I finally solved it.

You have to go into the SST profiler and pick the key you want for the wheel. Make sure to use the advanced command. For keypress, press the key, but press it a bit longer than a tap, I have .2 seconds in the profiler. Mark it as a macro.

This way the sim in game will pick it up. The ingame profiler will pick up the normal keypress, but ingame it won't register. A slightly longer key press will.

Hope this will help anyone that runs into the same issue.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

Can't speak for the scroll wheel, but to use the slider on my warthog throttle you must use the Zoom view mapping under Axis commands. Works in-sim, without any macros.

Hope that made sense!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

If you could use the mouse scroll wheel for zoom it wouldn't be an issue, but in cockpit the scroll wheel is reserved for cockpit interaction. So making keypresses are needed. Just strange that in the config menu it picks up the presses, but in game it doesn't

Can't speak for the scroll wheel, but to use the slider on my warthog throttle you must use the Zoom view mapping under Axis commands. Works in-sim, without any macros.

Hope that made sense!

Warthog slider = potentiometer, analog axis

Saitek scroll wheel = encoder, press buttons

;)