A few issues to returnee to BS 2

chrisreb

Did play this a bit a year or so ago and now I have DCS World thought I would try it again.

Could not bind my game to DCS so purchased again.

Anyway wonder if you can help with a few issues I am having despite reading multiple manuals and guides.

Want to start in game mode and set up options accordingly. However the Shival Uncage O button line is in red and cannot seem to clear it and O key and joystick button on X52 pro mapped to it does not work. Key not used for anything else so do not know what to do.

Also training vids seem only to use simulation mode and ignore my attempts to use game mode - is this correct?

Really hope someone can help as otherwise looks like I have wasted my money

I can't answer your first question, regarding uncaging Shkval, but the training missions only use simulation mode, yes, that is how it is supposed to be.

A little piece of advice if I may - don't bother with game mode. Turn it off right away, do all the training missions and hop onto Deployment campaign. Game mode accomplishes nothing, you'll spare yourself learning bad habits by avoiding game mode altogether.

Edited by kilix

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe

Game mode will give you bad habbits and make learning to actually fly in sim mode later even more difficult. As for the input file not working. Its possible that its a game mode thing. However, you can you try deleting the input file from your settings folder and then relaunch the game. It will delete any key bindings you have, but could restore that red item.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612