misc. technical questions about M2000

Essah

So I recently picked this up and playing around with it, a few questions arise out of curiosity. Here I'm looking for real life answers, as opposed to how it may or may not be modelled currently or in the future in DCS.

1) The Jammer has a knob to adjust power and a switch to allow it to drown out your own radar. Is it insanely powerful or is the radar receiver "weak" (as for example this is not an issue on the F-16)

2) is the engine starter driven by vacume like the F-16 since it's able to start unaided by APU or ground power.

3) Any particular reason that it does not carry Mk-84 but can carry 1 laser guided varient of the Mk-83 and Mk-84, the GBU-16 and GBU-24.

I'll add more as If I think of any.

thanks.

1) The Jammer has a knob to adjust power

No. This is a cockpit tip error. The dial is linked to the LL = decoy dispensers, it selects a preset decoy program.

and a switch to allow it to drown out your own radar. Is it insanely powerful or is the radar receiver "weak" (as for example this is not an issue on the F-16)

Well, French EW is generally praised, and so was RDI in its time. I guess the thruth is elsewhere, but you can't really expect detailled information to be public at a time when the aircraft is still in active service, do you?

I can't comment on the F-16, but I would be surprised if physic wouldn't apply to it too ;)

is the engine starter driven by vacume like the F-16 since it's able to start unaided by APU or ground power.

The starter is based on a JFS.

Battery starts the JFS => JFS starts the engine.

Any particular reason that it does not carry Mk-84 but can carry 1 laser guided varient of the Mk-83 and Mk-84, the GBU-16 and GBU-24.

No idea. A guess: tests never made because no use, no money for that?

Remember M-2000C is not a dedicated bomber.

spacer.png