Mission 3 waypoints in incorrect positions

NathB

Not sure if i'm being a complete fool, but I haven't been able to complete the 3rd mission (I've tried 5 times with no luck - and haven't been shot down once).

I have thoroughly read the briefing (multiple times) and looked at the maps. When I fly the mission the initial waypoints are in the correct position, until I push from point 7. Waypoint 8 is in a far more north westerly direction and when I get to point 9 and once engaged on bandits - switch to 10 it directs me in a southerly direction (from 9) rather than northerly.

I looked over mission 4 and noticed it followed the general directions of that mission, but on restarting the mission many times I am 100% sure it was mission 3 I was playing. I have tried restarting the campaign but still had the same problem.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. On a plus note I am loving this campaign and the NTTR map, so thumbs up to ED and the team!

Thanks

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am not in front on my pc but i have flown successfully mission 3 . If you look at the map attached with the mission (the docs coming with it) , you will see that there is an area that you cannot fly over it (container). Looking at the map, now you can realise that the sweep area could make you cross the container depending where you are located after your sweep.

You need simply (once you have the success message) fly your flight path in backward (9-8-7-6-4-3-2-1) so that you won t fly over container.

Ten la d, go to taxi area and you are good.

Ps: watch out on your fuel

• 6 months later...
Use the guide to solve these types of issues.

It is easy to find the solutions of these types of problems from the guide.

What Guide?

I had the same problem. It is even easier when the Maps are updated - NOT - so you have to go to the /Downloads/Documentation/ page and get the latest copies of the briefings:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/

I read somewhere that the campaigns were automatically updated with DCS updates but apparently not.

The original map has WP7 >> 290' >> WP8 >> 250' >> WP9 >> 160' >> WP10 which is why the brief "sweep west to 9" then "Sweep N to WP10/CAP West" doesn't work.

The current map is now:

WP7 >> 270' >> WP8 >> 250' >> WP9 >> 355' ** >> WP10 >> 060' >> WP11 and CAP between WP10 and WP11(all headings approx).

** This is Sweep N to WP10/CAP West and now the briefing makes sense!

Oh, and the Southern Red CAP BE references are wrong.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit