Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

INS

diditopgun

I confirm ! Only HUD cross is affected by drift, not HSI needle...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

INS wind direction is wrong.

When wind blow to 313 is display -47. It's linked to this: 360-47=313

And of course it should be wind blow FROM and not TO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Now INS drift works, but HUD NAV marker indicates different position than HSI needle and distance.

is that normal?

I'll check that, but depends on whether you updated to July 1st version when you took that screenshot. The previous one had a bug in the heading gyro that is now fixed.

I confirm ! Only HUD cross is affected by drift, not HSI needle...

It does but you are actually comparing apples to oranges. The HUD cross is specifically showing you the exact position in the world of the waypoint. The bearing is an angle towards the waypoint. Being an angle it is a little more resilient against drift. E.g.:

1. Bearing to Wp with no drift: 128.000 - Shown in HSI: 128

vs.

2. Bearing to Wp with drift: 128.325 - Shown in HSI: 128

Bearing to Wp will not change dramatically unless the accumulated drift values are large.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

INS wind direction is wrong.

When wind blow to 313 is display -47. It's linked to this: 360-47=313

And of course it should be wind blow FROM and not TO.

Fixed. Thanks.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

in 1.5.4.54316, latest beta.

Do you have the mission file?

Not a specific mission, I just put M2K on airfield and flew around.

I'll try to make some tracks.

Thanks, but along with the tracks please provide the mission file as well, even if it is a MG.miz.

I'll check that, but depends on whether you updated to July 1st version when you took that screenshot. The previous one had a bug in the heading gyro that is now fixed.

It does but you are actually comparing apples to oranges. The HUD cross is specifically showing you the exact position in the world of the waypoint. The bearing is an angle towards the waypoint. Being an angle it is a little more resilient against drift. E.g.:

1. Bearing to Wp with no drift: 128.000 - Shown in HSI: 128

vs.

2. Bearing to Wp with drift: 128.325 - Shown in HSI: 128

Bearing to Wp will not change dramatically unless the accumulated drift values are large.

Sorry but I think you didn't understand what I wanted to say.

When drift value is large, HSI needle point the original waypoint position with no drift (I use in-game NDB beacons 3D objects to do my tests and have an easy object to see as original waypoint position ) while I overfly HUD cross at 1.9nm away.

I hope to be more clear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now INS drift works, but HUD NAV marker indicates different position than HSI needle and distance.

is that normal?

jbX504n.jpg

I tested it today. Found a small bug with the NAV bearing and the cross position, but the difference was really small not like in this picture.

On further review I see that you are on attack mode, did you overshoot the waypoint and tried to return to it?

Attached are two test pictures showing the cross and the needle.

BTW, I used your mission. It has no flight plan. No problem, I created a new one in the cockpit and flew it to the bitter end (crashed on landing). :smartass:Found the small error that I spoke about and it seems that it is squashed but nothing as big as your picture.

Screen_160704_123639.thumb.jpg.438de517981f0c44a155388c60415294.jpg

Screen_160704_123726.thumb.jpg.5d581ccaaf001a74dcd9bc59964437c0.jpg

It needs some pictures...

I start from Anapa and fly straight to my waypoint 01 during 30min.

At Beslan airport, my waypoint 01 is on the control tower:

8diditopgun-1-20160704-205034.jpg

HSI needle point exactly the control tower on my side while I fly straight to the HUD Cross:

A/G mode:

8diditopgun-2-20160704-205034.jpg

NAV mode:

8diditopgun-3-20160704-205034.jpg

So ? :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It needs some pictures...

I start from Anapa and fly straight to my waypoint 01 during 30min.

At Beslan airport, my waypoint 01 is on the control tower:

8diditopgun-1-20160704-205034.jpg

HSI needle point exactly the control tower on my side while I fly straight to the HUD Cross:

A/G mode:

8diditopgun-2-20160704-205034.jpg

NAV mode:

8diditopgun-3-20160704-205034.jpg

So ? :P

Will test that flight.

The error is fixed.

13580405_1048676101885694_8935641263347516269_o.jpg

Great ! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone else having problems with the Time Remaining value? Seems like a unit displacement problem, since what should be the seconds unit (***.*-) actually is the minutes unit (**-.**).

Edited by Gliptal

Anyone else having problems with the Time Remaining value? Seems like a unit displacement problem, since what should be the seconds unit (***.*-) actually is the minutes unit (**-.**).

A bug that has been fixed. The problem is that initially it was giving information in the HH:MM:SS format, but the information is provided in the MMM:SS format. So it had a data format mismatch.

I am back again and this time for INS overfly update position. :D

1. It looks like the update position is linked to the DEST waypoint and not the PREP waypoint.

So when you want overfly the landmark in NAV mode the waypoint automatically switch to the next DEST waypoint (because drift bias is not big enough to be outside of the auto-switch area) and when you press the REC button the azimut/distance drift is given from this next DEST waypoint. So you can't update by this way.

The way to avoid this problem is to do it in master arm mode to disable waypoint auto switch.

2. You can update position only one time by waypoint. If you try a second update for the same waypoint on an other landmark near to it, azimut/distance drift will show wrong values and HUD cross position will stay at the first updated position.

I think Zeus will love to hate me... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where is supposed to be ENC button and what is its function ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Justement j'ai pas trouvé.... (quelqu'un a du manger le fraumage...^^)

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Back ! :D

1.5.4 U1

BAD mode:

ΔAlt:

if I insert: -00016 feet in the left PCN screen, it display: -172ft / 52m --> wrong

if I insert: -00005 meter in the right PCN screen, it display: -16ft / -5m --> correct

Then if I insert -00001 feet, it display: -11ft / 3m

or -00002 feet, it display: -22ft / 7m

So only feet data entries are affected and it seems it miss a digit on the right side and so one is in excess on the left side.

ρ/θ:

(I don't insert data in ΔL/ΔG for this test)

Distance is rounded down: for exemple I insert 1.79nm it display and take into account 1nm or 2.5nm it display and take into account 2nm.

Bearing data looks crazy: if I insert 196.0 it display 196 but take into account 224 (checked on the F10 map) for BAD bearing from IP. Other exemple: insert 168, display 168 but take into account 312... nothing logical.

ΔL/ΔG:

Inserted distances are round kilometers and display meters: 00003 (km) inserted display 3000 (m).

So to conclude the BAD mode principle work but data entries seems to have some issues and we can't use it to designate an accurate target position.

MRQ mode:

It seems to work properly, but to be sure... is it affected by previous gyro drift ? Because MRQ position don't seems to be exactly at overfly position, but few meters away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Back ! :D

1.5.4 U1

BAD mode:

ΔAlt:

if I insert: -00016 feet in the left PCN screen, it display: -172ft / 52m --> wrong

if I insert: -00005 meter in the right PCN screen, it display: -16ft / -5m --> correct

Then if I insert -00001 feet, it display: -11ft / 3m

or -00002 feet, it display: -22ft / 7m

So only feet data entries are affected and it seems it miss a digit on the right side and so one is in excess on the left side.

ρ/θ:

(I don't insert data in ΔL/ΔG for this test)

Distance is rounded down: for exemple I insert 1.79nm it display and take into account 1nm or 2.5nm it display and take into account 2nm.

Bearing data looks crazy: if I insert 196.0 it display 196 but take into account 224 (checked on the F10 map) for BAD bearing from IP. Other exemple: insert 168, display 168 but take into account 312... nothing logical.

ΔL/ΔG:

Inserted distances are round kilometers and display meters: 00003 (km) inserted display 3000 (m).

So to conclude the BAD mode principle work but data entries seems to have some issues and we can't use it to designate an accurate target position.

MRQ mode:

It seems to work properly, but to be sure... is it affected by previous gyro drift ? Because MRQ position don't seems to be exactly at overfly position, but few meters away.

I'll check. Thanks.