CONFIG Warnings, Centre Line Tanks and You

Ashilta

Morning,

I've noticed that if my loadout features a centre line tank, then provided you have weigh ton wheels, the FBW limiter switch is expected to be in the UP/A2A position. As soon as you take off, you get a config warning and are required to set the switch to the DOWN/A2G... Am I missing something?

I believe i read about that in the manual. The switch is to be set down on the A2G mode if you are carrying a bomb load OR if you are carrying a full centerline fuel tank. Once you've spend the fuel in the centerline fuel tank, you can put it back up into A2A mode.

I guess the Mirage's airframe just can't handle the violent motions that the A2A mode allows for when carrying a full center-line tank.

I guess the Mirage's airframe just can't handle the violent motions that the A2A mode allows for when carrying a full center-line tank.

It works the same way with the F-16 where you have Cat III to limit AoA with external fuel tanks or bombs, and then you switch to Cat I once the aircraft has less weight.

The Mirage 2000 is the first 4th Gen fighter in DCS to accurately represent these things.:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I've noticed that the config expected state will update on liftoff which I find very odd. Like you're flying in A/A, land, get really heavy, and the second you liftoff again it will complain you should be in charges.

It seems really strange that the out-of-config-category complaint would trigger on liftoff.