Cannot see ground objects in 1.5..

Hi all

I need some advice on how to optimize DCS with my current rig, nvidia 650ti with i73770k..8 gig ram..

For the life of me I cannot see objects on the ground at 1080 res...until I am at least on top of them..try this in Mig 21 dive bombing attack..smoking hole is normally the result..

My questions..Can I optimise DCS so that I can see objects at a reasonable distance? Or is my card hors de combat with the current iterations of DCS?

Your advice appreciated

Cheers

It's been like that forever for all of us, who fly older planes and must use eyes only for ground targets spotting. GFX card doesn't make a difference. You can only experiment with model enlargement in gameplay options. I know it used to work for ground vehicles too a couple of patches ago, don't know if it still does. It was the other extreme of stupidity though, as it allowed to spot vehicles from a few dozens of km away, sooner than buildings even. Try it out nevertheless.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.