Ins help

Erk104

I have been away from the M-2000C for a month or so. But have been impressed withe the improvements and upgrades. However I cannot align the ins as I did before it will not start the alignment when I do the posit verification in VEI the move to ALN. VAL is not lighting up nor is the align and alignment never starts. I am following the manual. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. :joystick:

Edited by Erk104

have you connected the GPU ?

Yes ... attached is a screen shot of my progress.

Below are what the instructions say My issue start at Number 4 the ALN does not blink and the VAL button does not light up.

Standard Alignment

To start a standard alignment, you must:

1. Set the PSM Operational Mode in N.

2. Set the PSM Mode in VEI. This will automatically select PREP Waypoint 00

3. Check that the Aircraft position in Latitude, Longitude and Altitude indicated by the PCN are correct. Change them as needed (see Data Entry for more information).

4. Set the PSM Mode knob in ALM when you are satisfied that all aircraft position is correct. Once the PSM is in ALM, the following will happen:

a. The ALN yellow light will blink.

b. The VAL button will light up.

5. Click on the VAL button to start the alignment process.

a. The ALN yellow light will become steady, indicating that the INS is aligning.

b. The VAL button will go dark.

6. At this time you can edit other waypoint data.

7. The alignment process will abort if:

a. You click the PSM Mode knob to another position.

b. You try to edit the Waypoint 00 data.

8. You can check the alignment process status by clicking the PSM Operational Mode knob to the STS position.

9. The ALN yellow light will turn off when the first coarse alignment (Class 4) has been reached. At the same time the PRET green light will start blinking. At this stage it is safe to abort the alignment process, the INS will remain aligned but its precision will be very low.

10. When the PRET green light has become steady, the alignment process has ended and the INS precision is the highest. You can

Screen_161012_122230.thumb.jpg.62a6262290ff7388f2ec09de8c59e4a7.jpg

1st step = BATT On.

You missed that.

Better yet, request a power cart from the ground crew.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

1st step = BATT On.

You missed that.

Ok I tried it with both Ground power and with battery at the same time... still no VAL light and no blinky Align Light. See below attached. It will not align the INS without the VAL step or the blinking Align. Can any one verify that this is happening or is it just me?

I did this numerous times before over a month ago when INS became available. I had it memorized... However when I tried it recently I never got it to work. I then reverted back to the Manual... and verified I was following the correct steps... the steps never say to connect a Ground Cart or Ground Electric Power. However now that I tried both Battery and Ground Power it still does not work.

Screen_161012_140604.thumb.jpg.e370fe58f8495ef5559680157b92e567.jpg

Edited by Erk104

Ok I tried it with both Ground power and with battery at the same time... still no VAL light and no blinky Align Light. See below attached. It will not align the INS without the VAL step or the blinking Align. Can any one verify that this is happening or is it just me?

I did this numerous times before over a month ago when INS became available. I had it memorized... However when I tried it recently I never got it to work. I then reverted back to the Manual... and verified I was following the correct steps... the steps never say to connect a Ground Cart or Ground Electric Power. However now that I tried both Battery and Ground Power it still does not work.

Disregard I figured out my problem... I had the Setup menu set to "INS does not require alignment". I changed this setting to unchecked in the Options menu under M-2000C and tried it again and it works. Sorry about the confusion

1st step = BATT On.

You missed that.

(feeling kinda silly telling YOU this)

BATT isn't mandatory at all during alignment process

I only turn it on before taxing ... you can even do full start up without BATT :) hate risking it's 5-minutes charge

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the thing I have noticed is: radio does NOT work if the battery is not on, even if you are on groundpower.

that's true

but I haven't tried it with my engine on and generator working - will it work without battery in this case ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has been a while, I'll check and see if it works with engine running, but as I recall it did not.

EDIT:Well, I tested it with ground crew and enignes running give enough power to the radio.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy