[Spoilers inside] Feedback

Dear Ranger 79,

I just got done with the last mission and I have to say that your campaign is among the best fun I had with this sim since I bought it a year and a half ago. The attention to detail that you put into this thing is simply amazing. Your military experience really shines through. Here are some things I especially liked:

- The CAS and Mission tasking is very accurate. I never had any trouble locating the targets I was asked to kill. In large parts because of the extensive supplemental documetation and the outstanding voiceovers. Sometimes I have trouble spotting targets because of the sub par system I am running, with your campaign this was a non issue.

- The supplemental Docs are very comprehensive, amazing in quality and really enhance the experience.

- Immersion is excellent. There is always something going on. The voiceovers are great.

- Even if the later flights into russia are long, they get never dull.

- The setting of the campaign is very adequate given the current geopolitical situation (ISIS, Syria etc.)

- Overall difficulty was very adequate. There's always a challange, yet you're never asked to do something impossible. I managed to complete most missions on the first try. I think I only had to refly Missions 2 (because of the bug I reported), 5, 8 and 14. Mission 14 was the biggest challange for me, because I suck at bombing armor with MK-82s and I ran out of 30mm (rockets are useless anyway). After finishing off all targets I managed to hit the tanker with about 500lbs in the tanks. Phew.

- Missions 5, 10, 11 and 15 I liked the best. If I had to pick one, it'd be Mission 10. Strafing that blue sedan on the railroad tracks certainly felt satisfying.

- In most cases I don't really dig "Gung-Ho bravado". But in the case of your campaign it somehow didn't feel out of place. By mission 10 it actually grew on me. Probably because the voiceactors do a superb job.

- I really liked the "end credits message". It added a personal touch.

In closing I just want to thank you for creating this amazing campaign, I can't recommend it enough. I am certainly going to buy your next piece of work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

To tack on to this thread, I just finished the campaign with a marathon session of the last 3 missions (including having to re-fly mission 14 due to sloppy flying resulting in some AAA hits). My overall thought about it is that this is the content the A-10C was made for and has desperately needed for years now. Bravo for putting it all together.

To add to a few of Lt.Snake's points:

I thought the targeting was spot on most of the time, although sometimes it was necessary to use the AI to pick up some slack on more obscure targets (the breach at Suse being the best example). Speaking of the AI, it's funny how sometimes they are stone cold killers, and other times they are incompetent morons who fly into the ground or stop on the runway for no apparent reason.

Also, I thought some of the enroute voiceovers were a bit much from a professionalism or editorializing standpoint on what would in the real world be a sterile comms environment. That being said, I completely understand why they have to be there to develop characterization, since DCS doesn't have cutscenes or similar.

I agree that mission 14 was the toughest due to the challenging loadout. Trading the trusty CBU-105s for Mk-82s for killing armor was a hard pill to swallow.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how much of an emotional impact the events in the last mission had on me. The string of Mk-82s I put down on the last ambush group was done with extreme prejudice for sure.

Really, any negatives I mentioned are minor nitpicks. I greatly enjoyed playing this campaign, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to really put the A-10C through its paces.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ranger,

I just started your campaign and I really enjoy flying. Its simply great, except one little point in mission 2. Why did you use Ka-50 for CAS? There are Apaches and/or Cobras in DCS, aren't they? And they didn't help the guys on the ground, just flying around, while the shit hits the fan on the ground. Maybe you could give that a quick look?

After all its a high level of criticism, the campaign is great, thank you for the work.

Hi Ranger,

I just started your campaign and I really enjoy flying. Its simply great, except one little point in mission 2. Why did you use Ka-50 for CAS? There are Apaches and/or Cobras in DCS, aren't they? And they didn't help the guys on the ground, just flying around, while the shit hits the fan on the ground. Maybe you could give that a quick look?

After all its a high level of criticism, the campaign is great, thank you for the work.

Fish,

Originally this was a remake of a MP version which utilizes the Hueys and KA50s. The KA50s would attack using rockets, not sure if AI behavior has changed or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm on Mission 10, and I'm telling you, I've never had such a realistic experience in campaigns with the A-10, the actors' conversations the facts the story, it really looks like a hollywood movie! I'll also buy your next campaigns!

"The campaign is great, thank you for the work."

Edited by Chacina
more!

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Hey Ranger79,

I just finished the last mission of OPF and have to say, that I had a blast.

The mission layouts and the voiceovers throughout the whole campaign were top notch.

When I came to the later missions, where you have to go to russia, I was a little afraid, that it would be mandatory to refuel at texaco.

Since I am not able to air refuel as of now, I was really happy to make it home without the need to refuel.

Outstanding campaign! Buying your next campaign will be a no brainer!

Thanks a lot and happy new year