How do I talk in multiplayer?

stelmosfire85

Hello all! I love flying and I am new to this forum; just signed up 5 minutes ago, and would love to start flying with other people on DCS World. The problem I am having is that I do not know how to set it up to where I can hear people talking to me, and from me to them. I have a SENTEY Arches GS4731 gaming headset with a microphone (it's the white one with the microphone that lights up red), but I do not know how to set it up to where I can talk to other pilots on multiplayer for DCS World. Thank you for any help that you can give and I do look forward to flying with you all soon.

Currently there is no way in DCS to use a voice chat. HOWEVER, people use teamspeak to accomplish the same end. There is also a mod that allows you to use the radios in game to communicate on different channels called DCS simple radio, which can be found in the mods section of this forum. (if your into modding that is)

Welcome to the forums and to DCS World!!!

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Currently there is no way in DCS to use a voice chat. HOWEVER, people use teamspeak to accomplish the same end. There is also a mod that allows you to use the radios in game to communicate on different channels called DCS simple radio, which can be found in the mods section of this forum. (if your into modding that is)

Welcome to the forums and to DCS World!!!

Simple Radio is a standalone app now, not a mod.

Very useful, the best comms for DCS some say.

I agree with them.

Link to Simple Radio Standalone -

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Well, I don't know how to mod. My next question would be, do I download the TS3 server or client? Or both?

go to teamspeak.com dowload section.....:pilotfly:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals