Low and fast with the Fw 190D-9 using the Oculus Rift.

robban75

VR opened up a whole new world to me in terms of immersion. :) I got hooked by flightsims back in the mid 80's when F/A-18 Interceptor was released for the Amiga 500. Now 30 years later we've come a long way. A few months back I got a hold of a Oculus Rift headset. It blew my mind!

So, here's a non-fancy video of me flying around in the Fw 190D-9 at low altitude over amazingly beautiful terrain provided by the Nevada map using the Oculus Rift. :)

Hope you guys will enjoy it. :pilotfly:

Screen_160501_165813_edited_edited1_edited_zps6qhkdo7j.jpg

Edited by robban75

Looks beautiful and exhilarating. What is the model your are using. I am starting my research on this item.

I have been in sims since micropose F117.

Thanks for the video.

Financeman

To improve is to change:I am homesick only for the places I have never been to

Thanks, Financeman! Glad you like it! :)

I'm currently using the Oculus Rift CV1. I have no experience in the older DK1 and DK2, but from what I've gathered the CV1 has better resolution!

Running a VR-set is tough work for your graphics card. I bought my current rig in may this year and it struggles, even with a Nvidia 980. I used to run the game on full but in VR I had to take the graphics down quite a bit in order to get a comfortable 90 fps(at least in the country side). The sim still looks amazing though! :)

I can never go back to playing sims on a 2D screen. VR is as close as we'll ever get to piloting the real thing! :pilotfly:

More videos by me with the Oculus Rift. :)

F-15C low and fast over morning traffic! :-)

Mirage 2000C versus Su-24. Yeah, not a match really. But it shows the head movements and how easy it is to keep track of your opponent. :)

Free flight in the Mirage 2000C. Take off from Groom Lake, high and low alts, some canyon flying. :)