Mission 17 "Surrounded" AI doesn't land

BManx2000

• 2 months later...

Got the opposite problem

When landing in Shpora to pick up troops, flight 104 lands and turns off engines. Well it seems that you can complete the mission without 104 but its still a bug.

:joystick: Ryzen 7 3800x | 32GB RAM | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual OC 8G | M.2 for DCS only | X56 | Thrustmaster TFRP | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5 | MONSTERTECH Desk Mounts | Windows 10 Pro

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

There's another thread about that, so maybe you'll find some valuable input there.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134659

Personally, I think the speed isn't the problem because the AI often "brakes" before they ascend to get over the hill. So it doesn't matter when you're slightly behind them.

The even worse problem - and I count this as "bug" now... the AI tends to land on my chopper. This happened 3 times so far. Twice on LZ3 and once on LZ4 (see screenshot - I slightly pressed too late when he was already airborne. But he destroyed my blades).

So where shall I land to avoid this? No matter where I land...the wingman simply seems to crash into me. And in my last attempt, when I landed a bit further away on LZ3, the troops who were disembarked, managed to damage my Mi-8. It's just getting very frustrating to do the formation flight over and over again to finally fail due to the AI wingman.

When landing in Shpora to pick up troops, flight 104 lands and turns off engines. Well it seems that you can complete the mission without 104 but its still a bug.

I wish this guy would still stay there ;-) So he wouldn't get into my way.

Screen_170825_193108.thumb.jpg.a5689043a68fbce3e9ae0c8cb16e6d1f.jpg

Edited by rge75