Rift in 1.5.5

In the new update, I'm not having the same graphical issues others are having but with the rift, it doesn't look so good. I'm used with having 45fps stable on high setting with pixel density of 2.0. Before the update it wasn't perfect obviously but now it 'looks' like the dp is at 1.5 or 1.6 even though the setting is 2.0. The fps is still sitting at 45fps, any ideas, chaps? I updated the Oculus software but there is no difference

Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

For me (atleast) I found it was the introduction of the ASW as opposed to ATW... bascially this is occulus' new way of trying to reduce system reqs and improve frames, but i find in games with cockpits and/or quickly moving objects the ASW actually works to a disadvantage... You can test this by booting up dcs and then hit Ctrl - NumPad 1 (while NUMLOCK is ON). That will turn the ASW off and the ATW on... in order to turn the ASW back on you can use Ctrl - NumPad 4... cheers, and some more reading if you're interested...

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/asynchronous-spacewarp/

Cheers, I'll check it out tonight.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |