T.A.R.G.E.T. DOWN+ UP+ Command?

Can't get the "DOWN+" "UP+" commands to work in a script for my Warthog.

Software and drivers are up to date.

MapKey(&Throttle, MSU, DOWN+'q');
MapKey(&Throttle, MSU,UP+'q');

This is directly out of the TARGET manual

“DOWN+” and “UP+” commands

If you want to simulate the fact that you are still holding a keystroke, you can use the DOWN+ command.

However, you must be careful with this kind of function: using it means that the order to simulate that you are

holding the key will be given and maintained until you order the key to be released with the command UP+. So be

sure to have an UP+ command associated with your DOWN+ command.

Example:

MapKey(&Joystick, H1U, DOWN+'a');

MapKey(&Joystick, H1D, UP+'a');

Any thoughts?
Edited by SGT Coyle
Solved

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Yep, bin Target, and use the built in key mapping.

It isn't foolproof, but at least it is one less process running to slow your frame rates down.

Yes that's clever and so very helpful, but I was really hoping for someone with experience with T.A.R.G.E.T. scripting to chime in.

Thanks all the same

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

That is not quite straight from the manual. Your eaxmple quoted has H1U and H1D as the two keys.

Your code is binding the same button on the throttle, twice.

On the face of it, your doing both at once(??) and at best would get a momentary "q". What does event tester say?

Thermal,

Awesome! Sometimes it helps to have fresh eyes. Yes of course my code won't work. You are absolutely right:

Your code is binding the same button on the throttle, twice.

On the face of it, your doing both at once(??) and at best would get a momentary "q". What does event tester say?

Fixed from :

MapKey(&Throttle, MSU, DOWN+'q'); MapKey(&Throttle, MSU,UP+'q');

To:

MapKey(&Throttle, MSU, DOWN+'q'); MapKey(&Throttle, MSD,UP+'q');

Thanks

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Yes that's clever and so very helpful, but I was really hoping for someone with experience with T.A.R.G.E.T. scripting to chime in.

Thanks all the same

It is exceedingly clever when you think about the reasons you need target at all. Why is such a suggestion not entirely in keeping with solving the problem?

The simple plain truth is you don't need target to run DCS World, so don't use it. Problem solved simply, effectively, and it'll give your system more headroom into the bargain.

On the whole I'd say this was incredibly good advice! On the other hand, why let reality get in the way of a good problem solving exercise?

Neil - You need Target to extend your Warthog to do anything else apart from being a vanilla A-10 stick. It helps overcome compatibility gaps between an A-10 stick/throttle and a Mig-29 or F-15 or a Huey or anything else.

I cant see how you have enough data from this thread to be so authoritative in how someone should use their stick *and* that programming it using Target is actually wrong, all of the time.

Especially since the question was not "how do I use my stick?" but rather "how do I solve a very specific programming question?". I think that once that subtle distinction was lost to you, and you kept following up on your initial error, you have totally clarified how clever you are.

Given that there is an complete, active and expansive sub-forum dedicated to input and output for DCS, I think there might just be more than a few people that disagree with your simple world view.

Can't get the "DOWN+" "UP+" commands to work in a script for my Warthog.

Software and drivers are up to date.

MapKey(&Throttle, MSU, DOWN+'q');
MapKey(&Throttle, MSU,UP+'q');

This is directly out of the TARGET manual

Any thoughts?

Just curious why you wouldn't use a "Press/Release" command?

MapKey(&Throttle, MSU, PULSE+'q'); //description

MapKeyR(&Throttle, MSU, PULSE+'q'); //description

or as in my example below for radar management.

//RADAR MGMT - VIEW ZOOM//

MapKey(&Throttle, MSU, '-');

MapKey(&Throttle, MSD, '=');

//MapKey(&Throttle, MSP, ); not in use.

MapKey(&Throttle, MSR, DX4);

MapKey(&Throttle, MSL, DX6);

Edited by Catseye