Multiplayer Problems

Hello everybody,

Maybe this has been asked before, and if so I apologize for not being able to find anything on it in the forums, but I have an issue. I installed DCS via Steam onto my PC and I can get single player to work just fine, but every single time I try to log into the multiplayer it tells me I've entered an invalid user name and password even if I just logged into the forums using the same info. I've gone through and changed the password in the forums to just to make sure I'm not messing something up. Is there something I'm missing? :helpsmilie:

- Gimpy

Indeed, there is something. It's not your forum account the game is looking for, it is your DCS account: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

But isn't there a registration form or at least a link or something in the ingame login screen? Do you have purchased and installed any additional modules besides the free DCS World base game? Because you would need an account for that already or is that different in the steam version? I'm not really familiar with the steam version. Btw, I would recommend switching from the steam version to the standalone version, because you get stuff (updates, new modules) earlier there.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

QuiGon hit the nail on the head. Uninstall the Steam version and download and install the Standalone version, located here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

You'll want 1.5 Release.

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Thanks for getting back so quick guys. I appreciate it. I'll have to fix the lack of a DCS account soon and I'll be sure to get the stand alone. Looking forward to flying online, or being splattered all over the sky online lol.

- Gimpy

Thanks for getting back so quick guys. I appreciate it. I'll have to fix the lack of a DCS account soon and I'll be sure to get the stand alone. Looking forward to flying online, or being splattered all over the sky online lol.

- Gimpy

Looking forward to see you in the sky :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Do NOT forget to de-register your Steam based install. IIRC it will not deactivate itself by just uninstalling.

Might be wrong/obsolete meanwhile but better safe than sorry

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Do NOT forget to de-register your Steam based install. IIRC it will not deactivate itself by just uninstalling.

Might be wrong/obsolete meanwhile but better safe than sorry

There is nothing to deactivate if he's just using the free DCS World without any modules. ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

heck yes...LoL

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X