using VAC with VR

wolle

Hi,

I am a VR user. I also use VAC to voice-activate functions that would otherwise require me to lift up my VR and use the keyboard. This works well in SP, but in MP when other players talk (or if the TV is on in the room), VAC triggers many false positive, leading to unwanted switch inputs etc.

This problem could largely be circumvented if I could tell VAC only to listen for voice-commands while I hold down the HOTAS mic button. It is indeed possible to assign a hotkey in VAC for that purpose, but how do I assign a HOTAS button as a hotkey.

If any-one knows a solution, let me know. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I asked this on the VAC forum - apparently the idea is to create a PTT on your HOTAS by using the profiler to set it as a middle mouse button press, then setting the PTT in VAC to MMB.

I'll have a look and get the info

Edit: Yup - pretty much that:

assign a joystick button to press the middle mouse button.

Next in VAC assign the middle mouse button as the PTT.

You can now use your joystick button as a PTT in VAC.

Pretty much depends what HOTAS you have - I was able to do it with my G940 and can do it with the CH Fighterstick, but I think for a Warthog you would have to use TARGET or AHK (AutoHotKey) which would mean learning how to use that, too.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

By far the most straightforward way to do this is use Joy2Key - http://joytokey.net/en/

It's a tiny app specifically for the purpose of taking a joystick or controller button press and mapping it to any key on your keyboard or mouse.

I've used it in the past for both Voice Attack (push to talk) and DCS (mapping a HOTAS button to "left click" on the mouse to let me toggle cockpit switches)