MS Precision 2 (FF2) pots replacement

hey guys, I am looking for some replacement pots for my MS SW Precision 2. I think it has the same pots as FF2. Do anyone know what kind / type / parameters pots are used? I want to replace one of the original rotating pots with some kind of sliding pot. thx

If here somewhere is such thread already just point me in that direction pls.

I see one "dissected" in Russian forum and inside looks a conventional potentiometer.

Certainly a 10M cycles rated one (like Panasonic) to last to longer. :)

MS sticks who use optical sensors is 3D PRO (their first), Precision PRO and Force Feedback PRO (gameport/proprietary USB adapter), lather models, for lower manufacturing cost, start use potentiometer.

The issue with pot' replacement in joysticks is that is need "joystick" pot - with limited to 30-60 degrees electric travel. Rarely available in electronic stores.

Thanks Sokol1, the limited electric travel is my main problem.

I dont want one-to-one replacement. What I want is to 'extend' the throttle axis to a button box and I want to have the throttle on slider axis.

Could you be able to identify possible substitute pls?

In this case is easy, you don't have movement limitation like in joystick gimbal.

Just get a good brand (Alps, Bourns, CTS, Spectrol, TT...), 10 to 50k* sliding pot, LINEAR response - B type (this "LINEAR" don't has relation with sliding operation).

* To know the exactly K vale of actual pot remove then from joystick circuit and measure between middle and one external pin resistance.

For example this model is rated to 100.000 cycles (in joystick they use 5.000/10.000).

http://www.bitechnologies.com/pdfs/PSxxL_PSxxM_DS.pdf

See in datasheet what is "B" (or A, C) type.

Available there: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tt-electronics-bi/PS45M-0MC2BR10KN/987-1405-ND/2620674

Or get a bunch of cheap ones in Ebay, when one wear, replace. :)