Is it possible to shorten a track?

I've recorded a great track which I want to use to create a machinima film. Trouble is, all the best action is in the last 2 minutes of a 7 minute track and I get bored having to run all the way thru the track everytime I want to set up a new angle for FRAPSing (even using CTRL-A to speed things up). Is there any way I can edit the track to cut off the first 5 minutes?

Sorry if this is a dim noob question.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I want to use the last 2 minutes of the track for multiple angles and views - ie film the same event from 5 or 6 different views (self external: self cockpit: target: outgoing mav: incoming sam: wingman: etc). As I understand it, a rendered version would only give me one view. And I have tried time acceleration, but I'd rather just have a shorter track to work with!

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I want to use the last 2 minutes of the track for multiple angles and views - ie film the same event from 5 or 6 different views (self external: self cockpit: target: outgoing mav: incoming sam: wingman: etc). As I understand it, a rendered version would only give me one view. And I have tried time acceleration, but I'd rather just have a shorter track to work with!

Depends how you want it - you can Video Edit the track to provide different views, but they'll have to be one after the other.

If you want one event from two angles simultaneously, you've got to record it twice anyway, once from each angle.

You takes your choice :)

You can't snip off from the start of a track, you can only snip the end. You'll have to let it run to the point you want to begin you project. However you can copy it and do your track edits seperately.