Often game freeze

fulcrum_64th

Dear ED,

I'm running out of ideas and revert to you for help. I often encounter game freeze (where I need to restart the computer). I have attached my log just after observing such a freeze ( I don't get a crash log just the normal log attached). Sometimes I can fly several missions on one session and not observe a freeze. Sometimes I get the freeze early in a mission. Often on exit and at least once in the menu.

My computer is not OC (vanilla DCS install) and have not observed such problems with other high demanding sims (such at P3D).

Note that I am using a rift cv1.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards

Karim aka "Fulcrum"

Edited by fulcrum_64th

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

Greetings Razo+r

How do I check for RAM usage ? I have the latest WHQL driver installed on my GPU and latest BIOS for my motherboard .

PS: I usually start a DCS session on a fresh start (only occulus is running). Available RAM before start at least around 70 to 80% all of my 16 GB

Edited by fulcrum_64th

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

rctrl + pause, press it twice, and then on the top left yellow "text" appears

the line on the bottom of it is labbeled with RAM, check that

It helps if you lower the preload radius, which then will decrease the RAM usage and may give you a few better frames

thanks

I'll give it a try (from VR default 100k down to 70k) and see if that makes my system more stable

Edited by fulcrum_64th

I tried to reduce preload radius as above mentioned but no joy. I still get the freeze from time to time. When I rctrl+pause I get a video memory above 4GB.

I also experience that issue on 2.0. I never had any such issues in the past (until a few weeks ago). Lot's people are reporting a very similar problem in the 2.0 section:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177470

Edited by fulcrum_64th

New update on the above. My MOBO had some stability issues due to latest BIOS (3402). Asus just released a new update (3501) that could finally bring back stability to the MOBO. The bios release 3402 might correlate with the appearance of my "game freeze" issues.

I will test and report in the coming few hours.

Best

Fulcrum

**Update**

In my case, it indeed seem that the faulty MOBO Bios was the culprit !! I'm back to normal DCS ops with an OC at 4.5 GHz !!!

Edited by fulcrum_64th

Freezes are back :cry::cry::cry::cry: ...typically after 10 to 45 mins of flying (super simple mission: gazelle, night winter mission with fog and snowfall, only a few trucks as targets). ED please help. My DCS is now unplayable :cry::cry::cry::cry:

PS: posted in the wrong forum , i'm using the release version

Edited by fulcrum_64th