Couple questions about control setup

christianholmes

Hi All,

So I have a Logitech G940, and I am having a HELL of a time just setting up the basic axis commands.

The stick shows up in three different colums- joystick, throttle, and rudder. Which seem by default to all have the same assigments?

So I clear each column, manually change the axises in each column. Then click save, which seems to work. But when I exit and come back in, they are reset to the defaults. Also, if I click load, nothing comes up! It doesn't show the *.diff.lua files anywhere.

Also, do I need to save/load the profiles for each column?

Lastly, since my stick is FFB, it should allow the hydraulic trimmer, but when I press trim, it jumps WILDY to the other side and pretty much makes the trim useless.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW this is alpha 2.0, blackshark, oculus rift, alienware aurora r5, 16 gb, gtx 1070

Hi All,

So I have a Logitech G940, and I am having a HELL of a time just setting up the basic axis commands.

The stick shows up in three different colums- joystick, throttle, and rudder. Which seem by default to all have the same assigments?

Yes this is the default behaviour of DCS unfortunately.

So I clear each column, manually change the axises in each column.

Correct, well done.

Then click save, which seems to work. But when I exit and come back in, they are reset to the defaults.

You don't click SAVE, you just click OK at the bottom of the options screen, if you don't click that OK button no changes will be saved.

Also, if I click load, nothing comes up! It doesn't show the *.diff.lua files anywhere.

Don't confuse those three buttons above for CLEARING a Column, LOAD A PROFILE and SAVE A PROFILE for the saving of your profile for use in dcs, just use the OK button at the bottom of the option window. The last two are only used to make backups of your profiles , say if you want to send a copy of your joystick setups to a friend or load a profile from your friend into your joystick configuration.

Profiles configured in DCS for an A-10c aircraft *.diff.lua files are stored here:

• c:\Users\Ian\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick\

Also, do I need to save/load the profiles for each column?

No

Lastly, since my stick is FFB, it should allow the hydraulic trimmer, but when I press trim, it jumps WILDY to the other side and pretty much makes the trim useless.

Can't help with this as I have never had FFB stick, but I do know that FFB in DCS has been faulty quite a lot over the years. It gets fixed, then its broke again, then it is fixed again and the broke again, so on.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

When in Options, Controls tab, click at either JOY_X or JOY_Y axis and then click at FF Tune. Turn on "Swap axis" option.

More info:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2999844&postcount=4

If you set axis curves for airplanes, you should avoid using trim button, but instead use keys on keyboard or potentiometers and it should work well.

Edited by Rabb