F/A-18 Mod

Scott28

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

I have never actually understood the mods.

I would like to make the F/A-18 flyable.

but, i have a few questions.

1. how do i do this?

2. do mods interfear with online play?

3. will this harm the instilation of black shark when i comes out.

4. can i have the F-15 cockpit/flight model, but with an arestor hook. if not, can i have the su-33 FM at all?

5. will i be able to uses only the american weapons on it as i should?

6. will the language be in english, not in russian?

Please help.

Thanks.:D

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

1. how do i do this?

You cannot. You'll always be flying one of LO's flyables, just with a 3D model of an F-18

Yes they do ... at least they interfere with your reputation ...

Uh? ....

4. can i have the F-15 cockpit/flight model, but with an arestor hook. if not, can i have the su-33 FM at all?

See #1.

You can use whatever.

Please help.

Thanks.:D

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Can't answer that one.

Either way, you'll never be able to actually make the F/A-18 flyable, see #1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

:doh: Oh sorry i didn't mention that earlyer.

i know i can't actually make the F/A-18 flyable. it will just be another FM.

I downloaded Mod Man5. don't understand it though. (as half of the instructions are in french.)

and will simply having the F/A-18 harm online play. (or my reputation so long as i don't use it?)

Is there a feature in Mod Man that will allow you to remove all mods ever instaled? just incase there is a problem with black shark?

thanks

Please :helpsmilie:

I downloaded Mod Man5. don't understand it though. (as half of the instructions are in french.)

mines in english i dunno what you are looking at.

yes theres a feature to remove everything in modman but stop thinking about black shark. It's not out yet so we don't have to worry about it because things will change. They now said the release would be like spring of 2007 so we have some time to wait. Also, its already said modman will have a new version when Black shark comes out so what we say now may not be relevant then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, jees,

Mine is in english, just the words in the illistrations are in french. kinda confusing.

Now how do you use modman with LockonFiles? looks like they have some great stuf over there.

Online play will still work fine so long as i just don't play with the F/A-18 or it's weapons Right? sorry, i'm tring to keep everything strait here. Again, i'm an idiot. :doh:

thanks

1. how do i do this?

Scott I cant remember which mod did it, but I suspect the FPS Tweak mod made some of the plane types flyable. Such as an FA18A model wrapped around a Su33. You can grab that Mod at LockOnFiles.

Provided those you fly with online all have same mod, no problems. Most hyperlobby servers never allow you to fly a non standard plane anyway. If you are worried make a backup of your whole Lock On folder. Run one as a clean legitimate LockOn 1.12a and the other for hacked, modded, just for shits and giggles Lock On. Just rename the folder you wish to use to Lock On...you'll work it out.

I would probably do a fresh install for that anyway

No you cant , but you do get the Su33 pit, I am not sure if its the Su33FM, most probably.

You can launch US weapons with RU avionics, even Mavericks, although they dont seem to lock so you have to "sniper" them

English

Just last night a few of us were hooning around in FA18s going AA and AG with Rockeyes and Mavericks, all US ordinance, and we only discovered the mavericck hack by accident, its not perfect, but useable with a steady hand. Its a little bit awkward and definitely unrealistic, but good fun all the same. You can launch the F18 off a Carrier, but without a tailhook its hard to stop on one. There is a tailhook mod for the Tomcat F14, which works fine and similar to all above, ie SU33 with a Tomcat model.

Modman is your friend and very simple to apply and unapply Mods. Back up your LockOn folder and have a go, if you screw up just reinstate your backup.

Cheers

Killer

Hello boys,

Did you know that there is allready a mod F/A-18 with the F-15 cockpit!

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=79&lid=587&ttitle=F/A-18_With_F-15_cockpit#dldetails

I hope that this is what you mean!

Only it has no hook to use and it fires only air-to-air missles because it use the characteristic of f-15!

But it is great too fly it!!!

Ya, but i just wan't the F/A-18 with a hook. it would be SOOOO much fun.

awsome about the A2G though, that will be fun.

I have made a backup copy on a second hard drive which i plan to screw arround with.

Can you have more than one F-18 mod? or just one for the C model and another for the A model?

Thanks, this will make lockon soo much more fun.

Just tell me how to get the mods from Lockon files and how to instal them thru modman.