UI VR commands...how to enable keyboard mapping for X-52 Pro

fitness88

Is there a way to map the VRzoom and VRcenter commands directly to the keyboard to allow Saitek software to map via the keyboard to VRzoom and VRcenter? Does anyone know where the lua file is kept? I've mapped directly in the DCS controls page however for it to work I need to keep the Saitek control panel [window with mfd/button lumination slider controls, etc] open which works fine except while the control panel is open I am not able to communicate with my Saitek profiles [.pro file] for all my other commands. Which means I'll have to transfer all my commands through DCS controls page in order to have access to the VRzoom and VRcenter commands...lots of work for a couple of commandsmad.gif

Thank you.

Resolved DCS UI commands not keyboard mapped:

After much trial/error; if you want to use both your Saitek software and the few DCS UI/VR commands, you need to assign a joy stick button that is not assigned for any other use in any shiftstate or mode in the Saitek software then assign that button as your first UI command in DCS controls. You can use modifiers on that joy stick button to allow for other UI commands but the modifiers must be mapped through your Saitek software/keyboard not through the DCS modifiers.

I tried using the in-game DCS/controls modifiers but was only able to get them to work if I left the Saitek joy stick control panel open...but then it wouldn't allow for any of the Saitek software commands to work.

Edited by fitness88

Is there a way to map the VRzoom and VRcenter commands directly to the keyboard to allow Saitek software to map via the keyboard to VRzoom and VRcenter? Does anyone know where the lua file is kept? I've mapped directly in the DCS controls page however for it to work I need to keep the Saitek control panel [window with mfd/button lumination slider controls, etc] open which works fine except while the control panel is open I am not able to communicate with my Saitek profiles [.pro file] for all my other commands. Which means I'll have to transfer all my commands through DCS controls page in order to have access to the VRzoom and VRcenter commands...lots of work for a couple of commandsmad.gif

Thank you.

Resolved DCS UI commands not keyboard mapped:

After much trial/error; if you want to use both your Saitek software and the few DCS UI/VR commands, you need to assign a joy stick button that is not assigned for any other use in any shiftstate or mode in the Saitek software then assign that button as your first UI command in DCS controls. You can use modifiers on that joy stick button to allow for other UI commands but the modifiers must be mapped through your Saitek software/keyboard not through the DCS modifiers.

I tried using the in-game DCS/controls modifiers but was only able to get them to work if I left the Saitek joy stick control panel open...but then it wouldn't allow for any of the Saitek software commands to work.

If anyone has a more efficient way please post it.