Rb-15F attack profile different for AI?

Hog_No32

Hi all,

following the latest update for 1.5.6 (THANK YOU!) I finally can have my wingmen firing Rb-15Fs (AI variant of course). I tried it out last night and had 3 wingmen successfully launching Rb-15Fs on the targets.

Flying back home on Autopilot I watched the missiles (F6 view) running in on the targets - and I was quite surprised what I saw! I was used to the attack profile of "my" missiles which fly towards Bx6, descend to 8-10m above sea level, flying straight to Bx7, turn towards Bx8 and the do some final turn close before impact. But from Bx6 till impact the missile remains at sea skimming altitude.

The AI versions of the Rb-15Fs fired by my wingmen did als fly nicely towards the target, but unlike my missile, they climb shortly before the target (sort of a pop-up) and try to impact from above. Very much like a Harpoon does. Unfortunately, all AI missiles were taken down by missiles from a destroyer. In fact I believe the destroyer engaged them with SAMs just after they started the pop up.

Is this normal and intended? Is there something we can do to alter the attack profile of the AI missiles?

Actually, it doesnt really bother me too much, in fact it brings in an interesting complexity into the attack run. But sometimes it might be more effective to have all missiles flying the same or at least similar pattern.

P.S. I just love this Swedish beast! Thank you folks for this extraordinary machine with its extraordinary capabilities. I never thought I would like anti ship warfare from the air...:smilewink:

Cheers

Glad you enjoy it!

There are unfortunately no way for a third party as far as I can tell to implement custom behavior for munitions used by the AI. So currently they are using a standard anti-ship behavior that is the same for all other anti-ship missiles in the game.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Seconded - I saw this behaviour too and was suprised too but this also happened to my own missiles as well as the AI.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.