Scripting Engine problem with task - All versions of DCS

sunski34

Hi,

I had to do several tests using group's controller and task id = "Mission" because of a problem I have on my script. I thought I have an issue on my script, but all is good.

So, you can find here a very basic script and a mission (see image below). The red dashed line is the route after using task mission and as you can see if you run joined mission, that's working.

The problem is when a group of aircrafts starts on earth (not in air), when that group arrives in its destination, it will go back to its starting airfield. I tried to change this mission task after takeoff or just before and after the last WP, no change, it will still go back to its starting airfield

-> there's a bug

You can change WP 0 to start in air (Turning point), then no problem. Landing airfield is good. If you destroy and respawn the same group with that new mission task (with specific script), even if it is on earth, it's ok too (except that parking is bad, different from the original one).

Is there a workaround ?

I hope that can be fixed soon ;)

same problem in V1.5.6 and V2.1 (and previous versions)

Sunski

mission.thumb.png.902fe34eb13668dd48bc0033f3272523.png

setMissionBasicTest2.lua

test std Mission Normandy.miz

Edited by sunski34

I am afraid that this is a bug that is a long time in the system...

I've been searching for a solution myself on this.

So the behaviour is that a plane flies to its destination airport (tries to land), but doesn't and flies back to its starting airfield?

And this only happens when you push a new task with a route to a controller, correct? Have seen this issue in the system since 1.5.0.

Because of this bug, there seems to be no way to let an airplane land at an airbase of your choice, correct?

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Exactly...

That's the problem or if you want to track waypoints with a wrapped task included as I do...

I lost time with that problem because I was sure there was a problem in ATME.

Sunski

Edited by sunski34

Hi,

I had to do several tests using group's controller and task id = "Mission" because of a problem I have on my script. I thought I have an issue on my script, but all is good.

So, you can find here a very basic script and a mission (see image below). The red dashed line is the route after using task mission and as you can see if you run joined mission, that's working.

The problem is when a group of aircrafts starts on earth (not in air), when that group arrives in its destination, it will go back to its starting airfield. I tried to change this mission task after takeoff or just before and after the last WP, no change, it will still go back to its starting airfield

-> there's a bug

You can change WP 0 to start in air (Turning point), then no problem. Landing airfield is good. If you destroy and respawn the same group with that new mission task (with specific script), even if it is on earth, it's ok too (except that parking is bad, different from the original one).

Is there a workaround ?

I hope that can be fixed soon ;)

same problem in V1.5.6 and V2.1 (and previous versions)

Sunski

What you can do ... This is not ideal, but this could be "some" workaround solution ...

So when an airplane starts from the airbase, it will have a route start waypoint that is located at the starting airbase.

Wait until the group is fully airborne.

Then push a new task to the controller, the same route, but now starting from the 2nd waypoint, thus an airborne waypoint. The landing airbase should neither be given. But when the plane is near that airbase, i think it would automatically RTB to the nearest airbase...

Now that I think of it, this method won't work neither, the plane will still fly back to its starting airbase :-( crap...

Forget my post. Was tryin to help you out.

For me this is a long time ago that I was searching for a solution for this, and finally gave up (I think)...

So forgive me if the above would not work. Need to dig this up, but am doin something else now :-) (A2A tasking).

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

No unfortunately

that doesn't work

I tried :

-> Waiting for all units of the group being in air and set the new route -> bug

-> Set the land waypoint only when in air -> bug

-> Delete the last waypoint of the initial route in the DCS ME and set a new one by script -> bug

-> Set no landing WP to let it find the nearest airfield -> bug

The only way I found is to delete and respawn the group when starting mission but in that case, parking number is bad (even if units have their "parking" and "parking_id" attributes set)

So I must wait for a patch.

Edited by sunski34

We must wait for a patch. Thanks for posting this problem. Now we are with 2 persons with this problem :-)

Please review my posts and confirm my problems too.

The issue with scripters is that we seem to be individuals doing stuff in our ivory towers, somehow.

We could work more together so that DCS understands that there is a world out there with people who wanna create fun missions using scripting.

One way of working together is to confirm posts or provide feedback on posts of others about scripting bugs. A small note is sufficient. ED will notice then. (A lot of people did this already though!).

Sven

[/TABLE]

S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT is not fired when a player enters a CA unit ... in MP, it won't fire at all ...

and ... coalition.getPlayerNames() won't return CA players in a CA unit :-( not even in single player.

there are more.

[/TABLE]

Surely..

Just a precision for my last post :

S_EVENT_ENGINE_STARTUP that is the event not fired for remote clients.

Events are very important to have a good working script, so they have be fired as needed.

And setting task too, like modify a route for a group of aircrafts.

:cry:

What I understand (this is a personal vision) is that player is reserved for aircrafts players !

CA seems to have a specific approach, so the best way is perhaps having specific events for CA and players using CA without flying !

But this is another question

Edited by sunski34

Reproduced and reported the PAI ignoring landing orders in new mission task bug.

The issues related to Combined Arms and getting playerName and events on taking control are already reported.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

This just bit me today... I wrote this all elaborate lua script using MOOSE, MIST, etc and it works great testing... I put it up on the server... S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT never fires and so the entire map is just empty... In the ME when I run it in SP mode, that first event triggers spawning of the entire map for campaign tasks and things dynamically. But without this event it just feels like a completely non-scripted empty MP mission. :(

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Now in 2.5, AI aircrafts land at the good airbase even if starting from ground.

But, today in 2.5 MP, still the same problem occurs with S_EVENT_ENGINE_STARTUP and S_EVENT_ENGINE_SHUTDOWN. Those events are still not fired for remote clients. Ok for Hosting client.

Sunski

Edited by sunski34