Turkish F-16 tail number

Charlie_01

Has someone any idea about what skin provides the "89" prefix for Turkish F-16s' tail number?

It doesn't come for sure from the f-16.tga.dds skin file which instead gives the "AF89" to USAF F-16s, but I can't figure out what is the right one... :helpsmilie:

P.S. I've just found out that the Turkish tail flag actually comes from the turk-znak.tga.dds skin instead from country-flag-turkey-af.bmp.dds as you could think reading the skins list into the F-16.edm model file (in Bazar\World\Shapes folder) showed by modelviewer (see attachment).

This means the skins structure isn's just like it seems... :mad:

f-16.thumb.jpg.4d7ab59c737d9cd1056c520517d0b2a7.jpg

Edited by Charlie_01

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, maybe eventually I've got the answer...

It seems the Turkish F-16s' tailnumber prefix "89" comes from the same place of the USAF Vipers' "AF89" (i.e. the glass skin named f-16.tga.dds).

However the only way to prevent it from being displayed seems to place a modded (=with no numbers) glass skin into the livery folder and calling it with the command "false".

In fact rename the modded glass skin as f-16.tga.dds and putting it into TempTextures directory seems to be ineffective for Turkish Vipers.

Obviously I'm talking about the F-16s having "TUR" as country in .lua file only.

If you use "USA" as country you can prevent every dynamic turkish marking to be displayed, but you'll have to hide the USAF dynamical markings showed instead.

Edited by Charlie_01

Just trying to get realistic turkish tailnumbers because the standard "dynamic" ones are far away from them.

Unfortunately the prefix "89" that eventually seemed to get hidden is now showed again... Can't believe it! :dunno:

Edited by Charlie_01

Just trying to get realistic turkish tailnumbers because the standard "dynamic" ones are far away from them.

Unfortunately the prefix "89" that eventually seemed to get hidden is now showed again... Can't believe it! :dunno:

you get the turkish prefix and tail numbers (nomera.tga), insignias and flags (country-logo-turkey-af.tga) on the tail by arg27 value:0.03 in the modelviewer

turkish skin arg70 value:0.9 (id=8 ), f-16.edm model, in sim name:f-16c bl.50

description.lua for skin

livery = {

}

name = "af f16 standard"

id = 8

countries = {

"TUR",

}

if you want to use realistic tailnumbers then you need to edit/update "nomera.tga" texture

if you want invisible tailnumbers (you paint the numbers on the tail texture: f-16c-paint-def-r1.bmp) then use empty.tga for "texture nomera.tga f2 g0" material

sign-pic4.jpg

you get the turkish prefix and tail numbers (nomera.tga), insignias and flags (country-logo-turkey-af.tga) on the tail by arg27 value:0.03 in the modelviewer

turkish skin arg70 value:0.9 (id=8 ), f-16.edm model, in sim name:f-16c bl.50

description.lua for skin

livery = {

}

name = "af f16 standard"

id = 8

countries = {

"TUR",

}

Thx for suggestions.

if you want to use realistic tailnumbers then you need to edit/update "nomera.tga" texture

I've aleady done but the numbers still remain too large and it's anyway impossible to make the dash between the year's number and the plane's to be displayed.

if you want invisible tailnumbers (you paint the numbers on the tail texture: f-16c-paint-def-r1.bmp) then use empty.tga for "texture nomera.tga f2 g0" material

To call the empty.tga skin doesn't work. To achieve the goal for TuAF planes (countries=TUR) you need to place an empty nomera.tga.dds into TempTextures folder only. Unfortunately this will prevent tailnumbers to be displayed on every USAF and TuAF planes so I had to look for something else.

Maybe now I've found out the solution to have working homemade and fully autonomous turkish skins...

This prevents to alter the standard ones so one can continue to use'em along with the new skins.

livery = {

{"texture F-16C-PAINT-DEF-L1.BMP f2 g0",0,"f-16_TUR-Ldef",false};

{"texture F-16C-PAINT-DEF-R1.BMP f2 g0",0,"f-16c_TUR-Rdef",false}; --> =homemade skin with tailnumbers painted onto

{"texture f-16.tga f2 g0",0,"f-16_newglass",false}; --> =homemade glass skin with new shape and without the "AF89" marking

{"texture nomera.tga f2 g0",0,"nomera-empty",false}; --> =homemade empty skin working with the single livery only

}

name = "TuAF 8th AFB 181st Sqd 'Pars'"

countries = {

"TUR",

}

The only thing you can't mod anyway it seems to be the tail flag.

It is called from the skin turk-znak.tga.dds,but you can't change it (for instance making a new skin with no flag) because the flag will be displayed anyway in mimetic color (!!) just like a missing skin (coming from missing_texture.bmp).

Luckily the issue is easy to solve not painting the flag on the tail if you have TUR as country in .lua. ;)

Edited by Charlie_01