Kill count

DeepDrummer

I tried out Multiplayer for the first time the other day and later on wondered about the scoring.

At what point does one get the credit for the kill?

Is it shared?

Does the shooting player get credit if the shot at Pilot bails out/ejects?

I believe I came across a rule "no bailing out" or something somewhere.

A rule I may have broken (my apologies for being new) a couple of times.

Personally, I don't look at stats and could care less but regarding respect for those that do, what exactly constitutes a kill and when and how does it get awarded?

I originally thought of it as not leaving the game. "bailing" like that is very common in other multiplayer so as not to register a loss.

I did kind of enjoy getting shot down by the same 109 over and over and over and over and over...sort of. Hey, I almost hit a couple bad guys. I have to fly past them to see if they are good or bad too. I'm so green.

To me, if I bail, you've got a kill. Is that not how kills are counted?

I won't bail again until I get a clear answer. Every time I get hit, I'll just ride 'er down.

What are all the factors that can constitute a kill for scoring purposes as they exists in the Sim today please?

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

When the plane explodes crashes or a player ejects from an aircraft the last player to hit the aircraft gets the kill point, however sometime it wont award you a point because reasons, sometimes the player you've shot at will crash at the moment of impact so you wont get the kill.

The no bailing out rule, means not picking a different aircraft before your current one has exploded.

I believe in-game stats from 'player pool' works differently from server-based stats like the one implemented on Burning Skies server.

If you disconnect while damaged, the player who hit you beforehand should get the kill and you will naturally sustain a loss as well. Not sure in-game stats would do that.

As a rule of thumb and out of fair play, do not disconnect or switch to spectator until your plane crashed. I don't think bailing out would have an effect here.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

To me, if I bail, you've got a kill. Is that not how kills are counted?

I won't bail again until I get a clear answer. Every time I get hit, I'll just ride 'er down.

I'm sure it's safe to bail out just don't switch slots until the kill message has come up or your aircraft has crashed.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Thanks guys. I always rode the silk to the ground and watched my plane crash before re-entering the fray. I was worrying for nothing. My original interpretation of "bail" was correct then. Thanks.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth