How to enforce landing?

JG52fldrms

Hi friends,

I have 5 AI Planes each in 1 seperate group. The first 1 is told to be the "leader" so the 4 left are being told to follow him.

They all have the same waypoints. Start from parking > fly from WP 1 to 6 and 7 is landing. Everyhting works fine till the last WP which is landing. All planes just circle after another and it takes A REALLY LONG time till the first 1 lands. First I thought it is the defintion (follow till last WP) so I defined > follow till the WP prior the landing. But that doesnt seem to be solution.

It seems as if they cant decide which one of them should land first. Is there a solution to this?

Thank and regards!

f.

Hi friends,

I have 5 AI Planes each in 1 seperate group. The first 1 is told to be the "leader" so the 4 left are being told to follow him.

They all have the same waypoints. Start from parking > fly from WP 1 to 6 and 7 is landing. Everyhting works fine till the last WP which is landing. All planes just circle after another and it takes A REALLY LONG time till the first 1 lands. First I thought it is the defintion (follow till last WP) so I defined > follow till the WP prior the landing. But that doesnt seem to be solution.

It seems as if they cant decide which one of them should land first. Is there a solution to this?

Thank and regards!

f.

Might be a bit easier to solve, if you post the mission. Have you tried with just the "leader" to see what he does on his own?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Airbase operations are bugged big time in DCS. I mean, really bugged. There is no real solution for this other than be patient until they land. You can try to avoid a lot of planes from landing at the same time. This may help... Try to keep 3 minutes between each landing attempt.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

It can be done easily enough with two aircraft. As soon as a third is added, landing problems ensue. Part of the problem is one of time.

The lead aircraft lands. The AI programming insists that it then waits for that aircraft to vacate the runway before starting its own landing routine. So far so good. The lead aircraft goes to park and shuts down. As far as the AI are concerned, he is no longer active and can't be followed.

In the meantime, the 2nd aircraft is far enough into its landing routine that it will land anyway. But, if there is a third aircraft, that aircraft no longer has anything to follow. Tried switching a 3rd aircraft to follow the 2nd aircraft but that still didn't work. It may simply be that, at present, you can only do it with 2 aircraft.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.