DCS 1.5 + Mig 21 + HTC Vive VR

grammaton_feather

Is this combination playable for anyone with HTC Vive?

I have a GTX 1070 and Ryzen 1700 overclocked to 3.9ghz.

Windies 10.

Framerate of 24 around airbases.

Was the same with my old i5 2500k at 4.8ghz on gtx 1070.

So I'm curious to know if anyone with a modern Intel CPU and Vive can get 90 fps with Mig 21.

More modern aircraft with glass cockpits give smooth framerate in vr. EF2000 for example.

This question is also applicable to Octopus CV1 users too. If you have dcs 1.5 plus mig 21... What frame rate do you get with rift?

Edited by grammaton_feather
Because cake

you prolly want to specify your desired resolution and settings. as framerates could change because of that.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

you prolly want to specify your desired resolution and settings. as framerates could change because of that.

Even if i set minimum graphics or the low vr preset it's still far below 90 around bases or close tp ground.

90 fps far away from ground yes but mostly it'll lock to 45fps via ASW. Intel i5-7600k@4.7GHz, 32GB, 1070 8GB, Oculus Rift, VR preset, 1.8 PD in 1.5.7

I guess it's just about playable for you with rift. More efficient drivers plus ASW.

Dcs 2 runs better for me but i haven't tested it with ryzen 1700 yet. Won't be able to for a few weeks now because I'm away from home doing a shitty job.