HTC vice cockpit fonts blurry

I tried doing a search but the box closes too soon. I'm using my phone. Anyway I have read what I could from doing generic online searches with key words "vive" and "dcs" Anyway the problem I'm having is seeing the fonts clearly with the vive. The front part of the cockpit I can live with. Just lean in closer and still see what the aircraft is doing. I'm talking about the A10 primarily. If i have to lean down to see the side consoles it becomes a problem. At times the sensors lose tracking of the headset from leaning down so much. Outside it's fine. I can clearly see targets. So for now I use the vive for mostly dog fighting in the sabre.

I'm currently running a gtx 1080. 16 gigs of memory. I7 4770k cpu. Any suggestions on making the font more clear without having to lean down so much or using vr zoom? When i do lean down the sensors lose track of the headset and it takes a couple of seconds for the picture to come back in headset once i move my head back up. Im trying to see if there is a way to improve the font without leaning and losing the picture. I have adjusted the vive as best as possible using the knob on the headset. Fps are great. No problem there.

Make sure your textures is set high for starters nwagtmustang, it is a problem for VR, I don't like using the VR zoom either. I prefer to set the snap views. one close to the gauges, one near the cdu screen etc.

The good part about using custom snap views is that you can still move your head once in this new position in VR.

If you want to use custom snap, make sure under options save custom user snap is ticked. No need now to change the View.lua file to UseDefaultSnapViews = false, as seen below.

You can also turn on cockpit labels in the option section, again I dont really like using these either in VR.

There are ten customisable Snap Views, accessed via a key combination involving the numeric keypad keys 0 to 9. The "default view" (normally bound to numeric keypad 5 with no modifiers) is also treated like a Snap View for customisation purposes, though it does not otherwise behave like one.

The default bindings in DCS A-10C Warthog are:

Num0 Momentary-action snap view (while held) of control panel. LWin+Num1 .. LWin+Num9 Momentary-action snap view (while held) of various areas of cockpit, hud and external views Num0+Num1 .. Num0+Num9 Same as for LWin+Num1 .. LWin+Num9 RCtrl+Num0 Changes snap views to "toggle" mode. Num1 .. Num9 (with no modifiers) will switch view to the corresponding snap view, and stay there until the user selects a different snap view, or taps Num0.

Customisation

You can customise the predefined position of any snap view, and of the "default" view. Customised view positions will be permanently saved in the game's configuration files.

By default, in DCS A-10C, DCS Black Shark 2 and DCS World, customisation of snap views is disabled. To enable it you must alter one line in one of the LUA files, as follows:

In the DCS A-10C or DCS Black Shark 2 installation folder, then folder config, then folder view, find file View.lua

Look for the line (about 50 lines down):

UseDefaultSnapViews = true

and change it to

UseDefaultSnapViews = false

Next time you start the simulation, snap-view customisation will be possible.

Customisation Procedure

The keystroke RAlt+Num0 (default binding) will save the current view position against the last-selected Snap View, or against the "default" view if that was the last selected. The simplest procedure for customising a Snap View is as follows:

Customising a Snap View

1. Set your current view up as you want it saved.

2. Press LWin+NumN - NumN being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising. Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.

3. Press RAlt+Num0 - The snap view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then holding down LWin+NumX - you should see your customised snap view!

Customising the Default View

1. Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.

2. Adjust your view to what you want as the new default but do not use any snap view keys in the process!

3. Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then pressing Num5 - your view should return to your customised default!

Restoring the Factory Defaults

To discard your customisations and return to the factory default snap views (and "default" view), you need to delete the SnapViews.lua file from the config\view folder (i.e. the same folder where you edited the View.lua file earlier). After deleting SnapViews.lua, make a copy of SnapViewsDefault.lua (also found in the same folder), and rename that copy SnapViews.lua.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I do use labels. Custom views and using the numeric pad? I appreciate the help but I would have to search for the keys on keyboard when using the vive. Even now it seems like it's more work than fun using vr because i have to use active pause to find the switxhes except in dog fighting with the mig or sabre. Just fly, point and shoot. I'm guessing its the limitation of the vive.

I did not mean to sound rude. I do appreciate the help. I want to keep my hands on the stick and throttle as much as possible and not have to search for keys on the keyboard. Are textures under the settings menu? I don't recall seeing that option. I'm not at the pc now. I know I put vr settings on high. What should the resolution be? I

I did not mean to sound rude. I do appreciate the help. I want to keep my hands on the stick and throttle as much as possible and not have to search for keys on the keyboard. Are textures under the settings menu? I don't recall seeing that option. I'm not at the pc now. I know I put vr settings on high. What should the resolution be? I

All good nwagtmustang,

I should have said I have CH stick and throttle and use CH manager to assign keyboard commands, I use a shift state for 3 different snap views on my throttle, no letting go of HOTAS.:)

What controls / software are you using?

Make sure the first texture setting is high seen in the picture below. These are my normal monitor settings for large missions, so dont use these settings for VR. I just start with hitting the VR pre set and then bump up the settings from there. I have the Rift tho.

Texture high

Vis Meduim

Heat blur low

Flat shadows as seen in the Pic below

etc

attachment.php?attachmentid=166964&stc=1&d=1501939392

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Textures *and* Terrain Textures? Cockpit resolution? Might be easier if you post you settings.

And with TM, use the pinkie lever as a modifier, and you can assign everything that you want as HOTAS. Including the L/F mouse button, if you want.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1