AV8B Harrier Panels

Brewnix

55 minutes ago, Bbow said:

Hi guys, I have just made the right side console and when I tried to assign all the buttons/switches in DCS I was very disappointed to see how many keybindings are missing for these panels. Basically all you have is the UHF & elec panel (minus the DC test switch).  Have any of you modified the LUA file to be able to assign keybindings to these switches?

Couldn't they work through DCS Bios though?

7 hours ago, Bbow said:

id be up for that. I'm about 2/3rds done with my build

Awesome, I have no idea how to set up a group like that, but would be cool to have a pooled vault of Harrier knowledge ^^

I'm only still at the CAD design stage, but I'm probably too meticulous in my process.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Corvidae said:

Awesome, I have no idea how to set up a group like that, but would be cool to have a pooled vault of Harrier knowledge ^^

I'm only still at the CAD design stage, but I'm probably too meticulous in my process.

There is a couple of Harrier FB groups....maybe it'll be easier to join them? or were you thinking of a group tailored to very specific needs?

1 hour ago, Bbow said:

There is a couple of Harrier FB groups....maybe it'll be easier to join them? or were you thinking of a group tailored to very specific needs?

Already a member of them ^^

I was thinking about a discord group like the Open Hornet Project, specifically for the people building Harrier pits.
We could just do it here of course as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, a very kind soul has shared the exact measurements of the UFC (not including the master caution/warning rows). Its approx 136x142 mm .  

He also shared this, so the panels that the OP shared are pretty much exactly the right size: 

160304700_857414721483643_9069396442592937482_n.jpg

160166360_444546510114155_6259561863273499126_n.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/8/2021 at 1:23 PM, Xpendable said:

I am down with the idea of forming an OpenHarrier group. I am in early planning stages, although I have 3d printed the UFC from here and started 3d modeling the throttle grip.

You get anywhere with this?

Just got my cnc dialled in and have made some PCB's for my first pass at the MFD's and would be cool to join in with anyone else designing a pit!

I did create an OpenHarrier faocebook group.  It's just 2 of us so far.  Feel free to find us and I'll accept you.  I've been working on a CAD model for the seat and cockpit in FreeCAD.  I've gotten pretty far as you can see from this screenshot.  Still a long way to go.  Hope to start construction in March.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 152106.png

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

@Xpendabledid you already start construction on this epic Simpit?

did you already start construction on this epic Simpit?

As I am currently doing a little bit more generic version, I wanted to applaud you for this great realistic version!

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10