Mapped controls for 2.5?

Cradle

im just wondering how custom controls will be handled with the new upcoming merge? i have setup some planes in 1.5 only and other in 2.0 only so i got different setups between the versions. will 2.5 be installed with "default" controls for all aircraft or how will it work? do i need to save/export my keybinds/curves before the update and then import them as usual? will the 2.5 update delete all old versions?

-----

My life as a child did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things.

-Robert Oppenheimer, 1904-1967

TM Warthog Hotas, TM Rudder, Track IR 5

Next Level GT Ultimate V2 Gaming Chair Racing Simulator Cockpit

43" Screen

v2.5 will, initially, be an update to the Open Alpha and then cascade down to the release version (IMHO). Control mapping will work just like it does now when you update a given version.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm going to start with an entirely fresh install when 2.5 comes along. It's the perfect moment to ditch all the mods and corruptions of the current installs.

With a fresh install, it is wise to also ditch the saved games folders and begin completely from scratch.

But that's just one way of approaching it. If you are updating, it will retain all your settings unless the new install means replacing them with a new set of code.

• Like 1

Whenever I change my controls in 1.5 I just copy and paste the 'Input' folder into my 2.0 installation - works like a charm. I hope I can do the same when 2.5 lands, I really don't want to go through setting everything up again from scratch.

You probably will be able to do so with no issues. I do it myself but I also know that unwelcome surprises may occur.

Worst case is that you do it and find that it was not a great idea, then you do it from scratch. It shouldn't be all that terrible even it the worst of cases.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: