Will we get JDAMs?

Flagrum

I can't remember seeing anything in regards to if we will be able to load up and use JDAMs.

But I found out that the A1-AV8BB-NFM-000 is refering to JDAMs several times. For example, there are supposed to be additional parameters that can be entered (UFC/ODU) for JDAMs in the Target Data Block of a waypoint/markpoint.

So, will we going to get to utilize JDAMs eventually?

To add, once RAZBAM has coded and enables INS for the harrier, JDAMs will be possible. There is no timeline, just that it is planned.

Jdams with legacy ins guidance? It means it won't be that accurate due to gps system being more accurate and being less prone to errors due to real l

Time updates of position

Is the na really stuck with just ins? 21st century av8bs don't have gps like the a10c or other updated 4th gen aircraft currently in service? I thought they did.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I can't remember seeing anything in regards to if we will be able to load up and use JDAMs.

But I found out that the A1-AV8BB-NFM-000 is refering to JDAMs several times. For example, there are supposed to be additional parameters that can be entered (UFC/ODU) for JDAMs in the Target Data Block of a waypoint/markpoint.

So, will we going to get to utilize JDAMs eventually?

Yes. As soon as ED finalizes GPS support for JDAMs.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yes, the Harriers have a GPS, called a MAGR, and have had it for quite some time; late-90s or early-2000s. It's ancient by commercial aviation standards. They are just now getting an upgrade to RNP/RNAV capability.

The Marine Aviation Plan is published every year and has some interesting details about what the Harrier (and entire Marine aviation fleet) is being upgraded with now, and the road map until their planned retirement in 2026; it's a big PDF.

http://www.aviation.marines.mil/Portals/11/2017%20MARINE%20AVIATIOIN%20PLAN.pdf

Edited by OStateBandit
Typo

Yes, the Harriers have a GPS, called a MAGR, and have had it for quite some time; late-90s or early-2000s. It's ancient by commercial aviation standards. They are just now getting an upgrade to RNP/RNAV capability.

The Marine Aviation Plan is published every year and has some interesting details about what the Harrier (and entire Marine aviation fleet) is being upgraded with now, and the road map until their planned retirement in 2026; it's a big PDF.

http://www.aviation.marines.mil/Portals/11/2017%20MARINE%20AVIATIOIN%20PLAN.pdf

How does magr compare to the egi on the a10c?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD