AN/ALQ-164 DECM POD

terence44

Hello, I would like to know if l'AN/ALQ-164 DECM POD was functional ?

And if it was possible that one only one AV8 takes one POD to flight all the rest of jammer by flying in squeezed?

Thank you in advance

Ps: Sorry for my bad english

A real answer to that is going to be difficult to get, as you are delving into defensive tactics and system capabilities which are typically classified.

But, if you look at what the DECM actually does, or similar electronic warfare pods, i.e. jammers, it seems reasonable that you could cover a flight of aircraft with a single pod, assuming they stay within some coverage envelope of the pod I suppose.

A good example of this is the EA-6B and E/A-18G, and the EA-3B before them. If you look at public photos of strike packages, you'll notice only a few, even single, aircraft are used in a package to fulfill the EW role.

As far as the DECM's implementation in DCS, I haven't a clue. I've got no idea how EW and jammers actually function behind the scene in the simulation engine.

As far as the DECM's implementation in DCS, I haven't a clue. I've got no idea how EW and jammers actually function behind the scene in the simulation engine.

EW in DCS is very simple and the only thing it does is, that it hides your range and IFF identity untill burn through and it only applies to yourself. Flight members need their own DECM equipment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have to add that my comment was on DCS in general. I have no clue if ECM funtionality is already implemented and working on the Harrier.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg