Is the Mig 21 broken on Beta 2.5?

Winglesschip209

I just got the mig21 and it seems to be broken when i wanna put my gear up i have to be going really fast and press on the gear to go up alot of times then for the gear to go down i have to put it down back up and down for it to go down. when i crash land half the plane goes under ground then sometimes the front wheel goes 1/4 inch under ground does n e one know if its broken or is just me getting the buggs i hope they fix it because 50 dollars comes a long ways :helpsmilie:

I just got the mig21 and it seems to be broken when i wanna put my gear up i have to be going really fast and press on the gear to go up alot of times then for the gear to go down i have to put it down back up and down for it to go down. when i crash land half the plane goes under ground then sometimes the front wheel goes 1/4 inch under ground does n e one know if its broken or is just me getting the buggs i hope they fix it because 50 dollars comes a long ways :helpsmilie:

That's not an issue with the beta, I got the Mig-21 when I had 1.5 and the clipping issues (parts going underground) have always been there for me. I suggest you go to the relevant subforum here if you want further information.

I'll just mention this since I wasn't aware at first - the MiG-21 landing gear handle has 3 positions instead of the usual 2, as well as wheels up and wheels down there is a "neutral" position in between, so for instance when you are getting ready to land you should lower the handle to the lowest point, and once the landing gear is extended move the handle back up to the neutral position. If you want to confirm whether your wheels are up or down you can use the F2 external view.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

With the gear in the down position the gear lever must remain in the down position as well.

There are quite a few aircraft which have a center (off) gear lever position. (e.g. all Boeings up to the 747) This position removes hydraulic pressure from the gear system and you don't want that during landing ;)

Oh wow, I had thought the gear locked in the middle position, good to know otherwise, guess I learned something too :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)