VR sitting position moves up and down intermittentl

Badger633

Yeah, just some thoughts in hope it could help.

Another infrared emitting source interfering with the tracking system is really far away from a common solution, but wouldn´t exclude the possibility entirely.

Anyway if other possible source of errors could be excluded, then I think you´re very close to a solution when looking for a power issue.

I´ve preordered the Vive instead the Rift, when it first came out and installed it into the living room. The Lighthouse Sensor boxes were connected to the power net in the living room instead to the USB connectors of the PC. Everytime my wife came in and switched on the lights in the living room, the tracking in VR jumped into another position. For the peace in the family, I´ve moved the VR setup into another room. Meanwhile only DCS is running on the VR PC in the simpit. But the tracking system seems to be very sensitive on current fluctuation, ... maybe it was the light of the bulbs interfering with the laser tracking , which caused this issue.

Since I got a 2080Ti, I was running again into a power issue, as the RTX card is much more power demanding than the GTX cards. Beside HOTAS, Pedals and additional periphery with the simpit, the newly Pimax 5k caused problems by lack of power.

Deselecting in the windows option the windows controlled power saving option for the USB HUBs didn´t help and finally I had to replace the 700watt gold power unit with a 1000watt titanum power unit, which finally solved the power issue.

But please don´t blame on me, if you´re going to invest into a bigger PU for the PC and your problem is not gone. :)

With the Rift sensor setup, there are many users reporting, that the many USB connections needed could cause issues. People tend to setup up the Rift with an additional USB card ( which also demands some power of the PU ).

Still just a few thoughts on sources of errors with the tracking system, but I´m pretty sure, that the tracking issues are not directly related to DCS.

Hardest thing would be to reproduce the error, in order to check if the problem still exists after doing some changes to the system ...

Edited by - Voight -

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Thanks for your thoughts. I actually have a EVGA 1000 P2 Platinum power unit so it should not be from a lack of power.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Just replaced my 4690k with aZ390 + 9700k and unfortunately the problem remains (it feels worse tbh)

I even connected one sensor to an USB 3.1 G1 and the second to a G2.

It has to be a faulty sensor as posted above.

Not related but my right speaker is also gone (widespread Rift issue) that also affects 360 tracking... can’t wait for the gen of headsets.