DCS 2.5 won't boot up

1Whodewho

Help anyone,

My DCS 2.5 has started crashing before it even gets booted up. I am so disappointed because my 1.5 hasn't worked in a while. DCS 2.5 was working great until today. I am attaching the log it provides me with.

OS Window 10 (Home)

Version 1703

Processor Intel®Cor i5-6500 CPU@3.20 GHZ

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

System type 64 Bit operating System,x64 -based processor

Touch support 10 touch points

Video support ZOTAC GEForce GTX 1070

Monitors 2 each 32 inch Samsung 60Hz

1 each 55 inch Samsung 120Hz

1 each 22 inch Dell Touch screen

Controls Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Flight Stick with 10inch extention

Saitek Rudder Pedals

TrackIRv5

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

dcs.log-20180215-015026.zip

Help anyone,

My DCS 2.5 has started crashing before it even gets booted up. I am so disappointed because my 1.5 hasn't worked in a while.

DCS 2.5 was working great until today.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

May be video related, only by the fact that it looks like it can't seem to run or initialize the DX11 graphics renderer on your graphics card, it doesn't even get to the stage of logging what GPU driver you are using.

How well do other DirectX 11 based game behave ???

Was DCS 2.5 working ok, before the new hotfix was applied today ???

If you have done a recent update to graphics drivers or suspect Window 10 has done a sneaky update, I would try:

1. Uninstall the current Nvidia graphics drivers and reload them (Have any antivirus disabled whilst doing that as may interfere with install).
  2. Run the normal "DCS_updater.exe clean" command to remove any MOD files from install and the "DCS_updater repair" command to verify your install and correct any issues with missing or corrupt files.
  3. Last resort try the old rename of the saved games directory were dcs saves you preferences.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I contacted Nvidia and they talked me thru an account change with windows and it fixed the problem.

I’m sure it was the last windows update.

Thank so much for your help. Maybe now I can sleep at night.:)

No problems, good to see your up and going again, seems that windows 10 is a bit problematic at times.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.