Best ATI video card for lockon

haze

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my 9800 pro and want to stick with an ATI card for Lockon. The 1950 looks to be a good card but can someone tell me the difference between the radeon x1950 xtx and the radeon x1950 crossfire? They seem almost identical. Thanks!

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my 9800 pro and want to stick with an ATI card for Lockon. The 1950 looks to be a good card but can someone tell me the difference between the radeon x1950 xtx and the radeon x1950 crossfire? They seem almost identical. Thanks!

Crossfire refers to a card that can be linked to another card (assuming you have a private power station and two PCI-E slots on your motherboard) to increase your PC's graphics power.

The X1950 family comes at various speeds - I think the XTX is the fastest at the moment, but IIRC the Crossfire tag could apply to any of them.

If you are not waiting and gonna get a DX10 ATI card(if you really want ATI and not nvidia) i recommend the X1950 PRO. Best perfomance contra pricetag you can get. I got one a month ago from powercolor with a whisper quite fan and it works great. I wouldnt expect anything else when upgrading my x300 to this ;)

Check out http://www.tomshardware.com for the latest tests.

Happy shopping!!